The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hofzinsers Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Title says a lot really.

What is your favorite Hofzinsers aces routine?
Lots and lots of method to achieve this beautiful effect. I have always had a love for four ace tricks and this must be one of the best!
MMAgicMan
View Profile
New user
Fairfax, VA
84 Posts

Profile of MMAgicMan
My two favorite handlings are from Kostya Kimlat and Joel Givens.
Dalton Jones
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've never seen Joel's but Kostya's is WICKED COOL!
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Ben earls
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
MM, are you referring to Kostya's Aristocrats?
Magic is a vanishing art.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I believe that's the one!
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Alex Elmsleys Hoftwister wins it for me. Love this effect
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
I am kinda torn between Elmsleys version and Jennings version... both very good, not to difficult and look wonderful
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

The Twin's have a fun effect in this vein called "Hofzzy Osbourne"! It's available for download on their website (along with a demo) if anyone's interested!
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
You also should check out "Kartenkunste" by Darwin Ortiz from his book Cardshark.
It has some very nice elements in it you don't find in most other routines and if you do adapt the handling sleightly it is not only very smooth but also truly magical for your spectators.

Have a nice day!
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Peter Duffies Hofzinzer meets Erdnase is one of the best handlings out there. It's a freebie on Peters site I believe.

Best

John
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I'm partial to Jack Parker's "HofCity" myself (from 52 Miracles)
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Wow lots of nice versions here. I myself love Kostya's, also Ben Earls is a extremely streamlined handling. Dan and Dave's version is not half bad either.
DanielvdHaar
View Profile
New user
The Hague, Netherlands
37 Posts

Profile of DanielvdHaar
I'm a big fan of Larry Jennings version called 'A Problem with Hofzinser' (The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings p. 17). Specifically the second version, although it has got quite a few moves in it. If I feel lazy I'll do the 'standard' handling.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
"A Problem with Hofzinser" is my favorite version too (of the conventional takes on the plot), and I've read and tried lots of versions. I also like "Kartenkünste" by Darwin Ortiz a great deal, but despite the similarities of the plot, I consider it a somewhat different trick. Anyway, "Kartenkünste" has proven to be a real audience pleaser.
OL1VERscheiber
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of OL1VERscheiber
I have three favorite routines of the Hofzinsers Ace Problem plot, one of them is "Kartenkunste" by Darwin Ortiz, the other one is "Hofzinser meets Erdnase" by Peter Duffie and last but not least Alex Elmsley's "Hoftwister" which can be found in the Collected Works of A.E. Vol.1. Alex Elmsley's Hoftwister is also published by Dr. Oliver Erens in the german languaged magic magazine "Magische Welt Jahrgang 1993 - Heft 1".

So long...Oliver
"Practicing is a lot like a bank. If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out." - Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hofzinsers Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL