The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » R. Osterlind "The Very Modern Mindreader" - Review wanted (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
Wow, all of a sudden one of my posts from 2003 pops up again.

Thank you very much to everyone that contributed to this.

Shortly after I read all the great things about Richard Osterlind's "The Very Modern Mindreader and other miracles" I bought it.

It is a great "little" book with excellent ideas and it is worth much more than the price asked for.

Chet, thanks for your excellent review. I agree 100% with everything you wrote.
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
Anything with the osterlind name is worth buying
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Thanks very much, again, for you very gracious comments.

You may be happy to know that a couple of routines from that book are on the new videos being released this fall.

Thanks again.

Richard
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
More videos, Richard? My bank balance can't take it!!

Care to share any more about the videos, or is it a work in progress?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Yes, more Osterlind videos. Just when I thought I had 'em all. (Only missing the BCS video.)

We might as well cut out the middleman. I have two checks coming from two lectures I did last month, which I'll probably just forward to Richard Osterlind.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I recently ordered this booklet and cannot wait to get it. Hopefully it will be in the mail today. I am especially interested in the StenoESP routine. I perform mostly close up and parlour but love the Mental Epic idea. This sounds like it would fit the bill nicely.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I just received the booklet. It is terrifc. The StenoESP routine did not disappoint. Just brilliant handling. The other two routines are also fantastic. All can be done in most performing situations.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
StenoESP is awesome... Worth the price of the manuscript alone. Get it! You won't be disappointed, I promise.
--Scott
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Love the reviews and feedback on this booklet. Just placed my order for a copy today. Anxiously awaiting its arrival.
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Ctroyer,

Just thought I would offer my 2 cents on the The Very Modern Mindreader, specifically StenoESP. As was already mentioned, this routine is excellent and the bonus routine/handling is especially good and the one I always use. It can be used for both a small gathering, think parlor like setting, as well as on stage for an audience of hundreds. It really is worth the price of the booklet. Also, the Q&A routine offers one of the best handlings I've come across. You will be more than pleased with this book.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Cliff, I'm very much looking forward to it. I am especially interested in StenoESP, because I love the classic Mental Epic-type routine, but am not crazy about the prop(board) usually used. The other routines in the booklet will just be bonuses for me. Thanks for the info.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
If you guys are looking for almost any size coin envelope, or other type of envelope, I've found one of the best local sources for them (just about everywhere) is to search "paper companies" and "paper wholesalers" and you'll find companies who sell to printing shops, in your area. Almost every city has one or more of them. Call them, tell them what you need, and inquire if they will sell you a box or two of envelopes. Most will. And they stock virtually everything in every size. The stationery stores don't have that much in stock -- just a few standard sizes. They'll usually require you to pick them up but if you need them in a hurry, they have them. Also, if you don't have a paper wholesaler in your area, every small print shop deals with one and they're usually happy to order them for you with their regular paper order. Hope this helps some of you who are searching for envelopes.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
I’m trying out A Very Modern Mindreader tonight. I’m way stoked to give this a go.
aLittleMentalist
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
It went well for the first envelope. You could see on their faces how astonished they were that I was divining the info. Then, as I went back on stage to prep for the second reading I clumsily dropped the card, revealing how I was attaining the information. I made a joke about how now they all know I lie for a living. We laughed it off and moved on. Not my best moment but it’s nice when you can laugh about it and move on. They still loved the show and I will certainly be doing this routine again.
aLittleMentalist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » R. Osterlind "The Very Modern Mindreader" - Review wanted (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL