The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Simon Aronsons 'Fate' » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
I have just picked up a copy of Simply Simon and rather like the ideas behind 'Fate'. I am starting to play with various ideas as to how to get the relevant tables copied/printed etc. Has anybody tackled this and do they still have these on their computer? I did start making up my own tables in word but it is going to be a long and onerous task (and I've still not found the heart, club, spade and diamond symbols on my computer yet! I KNOW they are there cos I've seen them in the past!!)

Would appreciate any help here - am off to sunny Brisbane tomorrow for a few days and thus will be out of touch for a few days after tonight.

Also, anybody know of any walk-in magic shops in Brisbane at all?

Cheers

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
EdgarWilde
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of EdgarWilde
If you use a windoze computer, then you will find the symbols you are looking for by typing in "charmap" (without the quotes) in the Run... command of the Start Menu.
The font Arial will likely have by far the most characters, the card-symbols are located by the box-drawing characters and a couple of heavy arrows (look for smileys ☺ Smile
On a MAC, I believe it is under the Edit menu and then Special Characters.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I actually just bought a yearly calendar book that fits in my pocket and tediously wrote the cards in by hand.

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 5:26am
-----------------------------
Oh wait, I was thinking of his birthday card plot. I know somebody who did in fact re-create all of the tables for Fate. Good luck!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I know somebody too who has done it in 2 languages ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
The man who did it in two languages was kind enough to send me it in one language...fortunately the correct one. Many thanks for all of the replies chaps!

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Wow! You got lucky there. Those are quite some lists.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Using the Magic Café's search engine, I found the following existing topics on this subject.
This topic is continued at the first link below.

Simon Aronson's Fate Routine

Fate by Simon Aronson

"Fate" by Aronson

Fate by Simon Aronson
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Simon Aronsons 'Fate' » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL