The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Real Vanishing Coca-Cola Bottle (aka Not Happy Jan!!!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Early on I'd heard about leakage issues during the shipping of this product. However, when I heard those issues had been resolved I bought one.

Hocus Pocus did a great job of packing and shipping this item and I have only the highest praise for their service. The same can't be said however for the item itself.

I had this on a shelf for a while but as the school holidays are currently on in Australia, I decided to add it to the show. Today I got to the venue, lugged the gear on stage and when I opened my stage box, the coke bottle had leaked over everything!

Keep in mind that the Bottle was treated with great care and yet the sticky liquid leaked, not through the lid but through the gimmick.

I've now got a few hundred bucks worth of silks that are possibly ruined (I'm washing them as I type). On top of that I have to now unload my van, completely empty out the gear and scrub everything.

So with the damage plus the inconvenience I would have to give this a HUGE thumbs down.

Cheers
Billy James

PS The only upside is that all my gear now smells faintly of vanilla for some reason.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
350 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I am glad you mentioned this. For a pricey item it is a shame that proper warnings and special care instructions are not included.

...oh, yeah - and it not being made well enought to use ...
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1496 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I would contact Hocus Pocus and request a replacement. They can then deal with the Mfg of the item. Even though it was packed carefully I think hocus Pocus will stand by the quality and they can get a credit from the mfg.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I am wondering, Billy James...did you do the show? If so, how?

I realize that's not the point of this post, but it sounds like a mess. I was interested in purchasing this product as well, but held off for the same reasons you did. Now I'm holding off indefinitely.

Would love to hear "the rest of the story," including the results of your return/complaint.
George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
61 Posts

Profile of George Alexander
I'm not a great fan of this effect...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Real Vanishing Coca-Cola Bottle (aka Not Happy Jan!!!) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL