The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Daryl's Ultimate Ambition Improved (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4824 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Im curious, is anyone using this amazing effect? Is it practical in any situation?

http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=400104

Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqnhQAUmws
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Yes this effect is very practical. What I do is not use the rope but rather two card clips, you know the ones used to keep cards flat, to form a full metal jacket, and of course the card still comes to the top.

Gil Scott
willsy
View Profile
New user
Australia
7 Posts

Profile of willsy
The card clip is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I don't use this particular effect anymore, but when I did, I did use the rope and it does play well. It's dead easy to perform, very clever and I feel serves best at then end of your normal ambitious routine. The instructional dvd is very thorough and includes Daryl's live performance. It's worth the purchase if you like this routine. Hope this helps.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I've been using it for a long time, it shoots, it scores and it baffles both laymen and magi.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have been using this for years it is a great ending for a card routine and considering the work involved in making the gimmick and how long the gimmick lasts it is very reasonable.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1166 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
30 years old and still one of the best endings for an ambitious card routine
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16902 Posts

Profile of joseph
Daryl performs the effect HERE .. very good...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have a (nearly) impromptu version of this without the gimmick that I use, even though I bought the gimmick years ago. Uses the same deck already in play, is very easy, and costs nothing. Contact me if you're interested and I'll give you the bare bones--you'll be able to work out the rest.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Jv
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jv
Love it-Daryl's Ultimate Ambition Improved

One of the best ways to end an 'ACR'.

Jv
Guillotine+ASYLUM
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of takeachance
If you order this do you need his ambitious card DVD or is it the same routine included with this final ending
cheerz
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
932 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I believe it comes with the DVD. I have had mine for years, and I think mine came with the DVD.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Vic, I ordered them both as they were on special. I've found over the years that if performing in rowdy blue collar environments, ambitious card with card under drink to card in wallet is easy for people to follow and get a laugh.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, just to answer my original question, Daryl's ambitious card routine is a separate DVD to Ultimate Ambition Improved, which is a gimmick for an ending to an ambitious card routine. So glad I bought both.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Surely the same effect, more or less, can be achieved using Alakazam’s Terrific Extractor E2?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26852 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Philippe- The earlier Daryl effect is done with the deck outside the card case. They see the card going into the middle of the pack yet it's again on top of the pack. At a guess, Extractor is designed to work when the pack is inside the case. Perhaps an interesting finale to Gaeton Bloom's Elevator? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Daryl's Ultimate Ambition Improved (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL