The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Singing the Praises of Chamberlain's Lotion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Just had to inject this quick comment/review of Chamberlain's. This stuff takes all the worry out of quickly and securely palming coins. I did a 3 hour set of strolling stuff this past weekend, and about once every hour, I would quirt 2 quirts of this stuff on my hands. Creates just the right amount of tackiness. This stuff is great.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I've used it for a long time (when needed) and it is great stuff. Right amount of tack and it lasts a while.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
This stuff is great, I like the original scent, seems to be just right for card and coin work It is really dirt cheap, 4.99 for 8.5 oz. Whipping was about $4 -$5.
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
245 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Learned about it when I saw JC Wagner prep his hands with some. It's fantastic stuff and the part I like is that it does wear off, allowing one to be "tacky" for short stints as opposed to all day.

Corbett, I looked up "quirt" and it's a whip! I suppose whipping one's hands with braided leather would tenderize them a bit! Smile Maybe that's what manreb was alluding to...

Cheers!

fmp
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
My typing is atrocious. I meant to say "squirt."
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
I`ll ask the obvious question. I`ve never heard of Chamberlain`s lotion. Where do you get it? In another post I was just lately trying to remember Dai`s formula for his hands, and never got an answer. It was rose hips and something....

My hands are dry most days and this loton that you speak of may be the answer. I especially need it for some card sleights. Does it leave a residude on cards?

John
Nothing is better than more.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
John, I can't remember where I ordered it from, but you can Google it and find a million places to order it from. It is a liquid that you squirt on your hands, kind of like you would cologne. 2 squirts on my hands, and rubbing it in, is more than enough for an hour or more. Works great for coins and cards, and leaves no residue.

Here's a Google link for you.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=C......N&tab=wf

Good luck.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Thanks Corbett, just ordered a travel size and an 8.5 oz. spray bottle. They were out of stock of regular lotion so I ordered spray. Thanks again.

John
Nothing is better than more.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Card and Coin Guys Have been useing it for a long time! It's what Marlo Used! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
John, the spray is what you want anyway.
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
245 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Quote:
On 2009-10-14 08:11, Corbett wrote:
John, the spray is what you want anyway.

Corbett, I've got an 8.75 oz bottle that should last about 20 years! I carry some in an old eye drop bottle. 4-5 drops in my hands does the trick for the next hour and allows me to CP with ease. Portability is what mattered most to me.

Is it available in a small spray bottle?
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Try this alternative to buying the spray: Purchase a bottle of the Chamberlains Golden Touch Lotion (http://www.chamberlainlotion.com/goldentouch.php) and purchase a cheap (approx $5-7) perfume atomizer container at Nordstroms or similar (http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metallic-Perfume-Atomizer-Spray/dp/B000B45BUE). Pour the Chamberlains into the nebulizer and carry it with you at all times. Spray it onto hands as needed. Works great!

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 3:32am
--------------------------------
Forgot to mention a trick to pour the lotion into the small opening of the atomizer: take a playing card and twist/fold it into a small funnel shape. Use this to funnel the lotion into the nebulizer.
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Found this formula for a similar type of lotion from a book by Gary Oullett.... Equal parts Rosewater , Glycerin, and Alchohol....Works like a charm....
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I plan on getting some of this.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I love this stuff and a bottle lasts forever. I need to try the new scent though. It is my only gripe with the lotion.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Great stuff! Just ordered some! Can't wait to try it! Maybe it will help me classic palm 4 coins at once better....been practicing that a lot but often times after I wash my hands they do not stay in well.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Sortquik is good stuff too, and even cheaper and easier to find. Any office supply store has it.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Where can you get it? The places I looked it was discontinued...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Chamberlain's is the BEST!!! A little goes a long way. Check with your local drug store. If they don't carry it, ask the pharmacist and they should be able to order it. If all else fails, order it from the web.

Mark. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-12-17 12:44, Stmarkus wrote:
Found this formula for a similar type of lotion from a book by Gary Oullett.... Equal parts Rosewater , Glycerin, and Alchohol....Works like a charm....

That's what we used when writing Keno in Nevada -- really helped picking up those paper sheets
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Singing the Praises of Chamberlain's Lotion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL