The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How to become a better performer. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
"...magic tricks are actually very boring to most people"...?

Do you guys think that's true? Or does that just apply to boring magic tricks?

I think good magic provides a lot of entertainment for most folks, in limited doses. It's also relatively easy to get to a competence level where you can provide said entertainment. You'd have to practice the violin, saxophone or a competitive sport for years and years before anyone would think of paying to see you perform, but the fact is you can put together a very entertaining (if not knuckle-busting) magic act with a fraction of the learning curve. That's not a slam on the art, but rather an observation that the art itself provides inherent entertainment value.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
228 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
How to be a better performer? Practice. Listen. Study. Let your audience teach you. Perform. Always try to be better each show you do. Most of all, have fun!
If you do, there is a better chance your audience will too. Best of luck everyone.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
701 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Great advice, Vincent!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How to become a better performer. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL