The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Half baked iphone idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5843 Posts

Profile of motown
I don't know if anyones done this yet with an iphone, so I thought I'd throw
this idea out in its raw form.

A card is selected, returned to the deck and lost.

You then tell the spectator you're going to find the card in a novel way.

You remove your iphone and proceed to show a video of a hand holding a
pack of cards. Slowly a card begins to rise out of the pack. As the top of the card
goes out of frame, you begin to see a real card rise out of the iphone in a
Marco Tempest kind of way.

Once the card had risen almost all the way, you would grab it and reveal it as
their selected card.

The video once shot, could be put in the favorites section of the iphone so it can be accessed quickly.
My thought was that the real card would rise from your breast jacket pocket. An approach
I found in "Concerto for Pasteboards"

Well that's it in it's raw form.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Nice one Craig. Presumably an iphone is quite a wide item then - I don't own one myself. It might not look good for a card to rise from my phone, which is narrower than even a bridge card. But wider, video-screen ones are quite common now I guess.

Part of your idea needn't be with an iphone - any phone with video functionality would do. I in fact used a still picture of my force card on my mobile phone, but your video idea is an improvement on that. I might go the route of adding a spooky voice track to the effect of 'I made this recording on [date] and you picked the [force card]'. Good luck with your 'video to real card' - that could be very slick indeed!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5843 Posts

Profile of motown
Good thoughts Futurist. Thanks!

On an iPhone, when you watch a YouTube video, it comes on in the horizontal format of the phones screen.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
To compensate for the landscape mode of the iphone, just rotate the camera 90 degrees when shooting the video. Of course, you could also rotate it with the video editing software.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Sounds like a good idea. You could also palm the card, transfer it to the back of the iphone and simply slide it up the back of the iphone with your index finger as you held the iphone between your thumb and your middle finger.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Half baked iphone idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL