The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
547 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Quote:
On 2009-10-16 02:42, cocomax wrote:
Home Depot
OSH
Lowes
Radio Shack

I'm with Tim. -Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Promystic Smile

Darren
Twitter @darjames
MadderMax
View Profile
Regular user
Venice, FL
136 Posts

Profile of MadderMax
The Magic Warehouse and the Trickery have provided excellent service for me.
John Mott
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1019 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Richard Gerlitz
Jim Riser
Alan Warner
Wolf Magic
Collectors' Workshop/Viking
5 of Hearts (Colin Rose)
Todd Lassen
Z-wood Magic (Kent Bergmann)
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Diamonds Magic in Peabody, MA. They have a huge selection of items in stock. Eddie, the owner can always find just what I need and typically the price is a few dollars cheaper than other retailers.

FYI...their website isn't that great. I usually call in my orders anyways.

http://www.diamondsmagic.com
markmage
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of markmage
Use to be Hank Lee's
Now: Hocus-Pocus.
Like Tim, Home Depot, Lowes, and Micheals have worked well for me.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12090 Posts

Profile of John C
Subjective
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
The Magic Café
RNT2
Steven’s
Viking

20 years ago it was Tannen's and Hank Lee

Thanks,
Bruce
sman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of sman
Hocus-Pocus
Denny

Hocus-Pocus is the best. They have great customer service.

Skip
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I always try to support the local brick and mortar store wherever and whenever I travel. But in the last 5 years I have bought from the following off the top of my head.

The Magic Café
Eagle Magic Store, MN
Twin City Magic and Costume, MN
Tannens, NY
Fantasma Magic, NY
Presto Magic Studio, AZ
Hank Lee's
Hocus Pocus
Denny & Lee, Vegas
The Magic Warehouse
Stevens Magic, KS

Max
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5351 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like Stevens and The Trickery. Both take care in selecting what they offer their customers.

I also watch Murphys Magic site for new effects I want, and have my local shop order them for me. He gives me a discount for being a regular, and everybody wins. Gotta keep our brick and mortar shops afloat.

As a collector, I buy a lot from Martinka and KT Magic's auctions, as well as The International Magic Auction (closed temporarily). I'll close by saying some of my best bargains have been found right here at the Café. Here we have the best of both worlds. Folks who want, or need to sell the magic they love, and folks who are happy to buy the magic they love. The magic finds a home...everyone's happy.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5956 Posts

Profile of motown
Hank Lee
Hocus Pocus
Steven's Magic
Magic Café
EBay for hard ot find, out-of-print books
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2274 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2009-10-16 18:11, johncesta wrote:
Subjective

Hi John,

It's not subjective. If you went back to all of your receipts over the past 5 years, what companies/outlets ended up with the largest percentage or your business? No need to over analyze this. Just, who did the best job of convincing you to spend your money with them.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
ahobgood
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ahobgood
1. Hocus-Pocus
2. Hocus-Pocus
3. Hocus-Pocus
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12090 Posts

Profile of John C
Subjective meaning every answer will be different because everyone has varying backgrounds, objectives and criteria. Not anyone creator would wind up with a bigger percentage of my money.

Also when proposing a question isn't there an objective? What's the objective with this question? Is it just for fun?

j
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2442 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Johncesta,

Maybe the objective is to find out who are the reputable dealers in a positive way instead of asking who has burned you in the past? That kind of thread would get removed.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2274 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
Also when proposing a question isn't there an objective? What's the objective with this question? Is it just for fun?

j

I stated in an earlier post, I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing, and indeed, I was.

I find it interesting how things have changed. Where is Lou Tannen on this list? They used to be my #1 supplier, Abbott’s #2. I really like what Hocus Pocus has been offering and I’m eager to try Magic Warehouse and MJM.

Quote:
On 2009-10-17 10:46, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Johncesta,

Maybe the objective is to find out who are the reputable dealers in a positive way instead of asking who has burned you in the past? That kind of thread would get removed.

Yes, Paul. If suppliers keep coming up on this list, there is a reason. They are doing something right to be able to satisfy a large number of people.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5351 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Wow Ken, you hit the nail on the head. For good or for bad, the magic industry (and in this case I mean "industry"), has been turned upside down with the internet. Like so many other trades, either you faced the technology head on, kept up with the technology, or ignored the technology...you would be changed no matter your choice.

Tannen's is a perfect example. At one time they were the Eden of magic stores. So many of my magic buddies made journeys to New York just to visit this shop. They're still an icon, but no longer the boss. It's a whole new ball game. Now when I go to New York I check our Fantasma Magic. My change of heart has been swayed by the internet. Just compare their sites. One has a seductive home page, with a blog and forum, the other has a boring, over-the-counter home page with no modern bells or whistles. I don't need to tell you which is which. Go ahead and explore yourself.

It's a whole new world. And for those of us who like old-world service with modern-day technology, the choices are few...but they are available. And they are the new Tannen's.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
MJM, Penguin, and Kreskin's personal private store.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
Hocus Pocus, Magic Pro Shop, Magicgeek.com

like them all
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL