The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
http://www.TheMagicWarehouse.com

Best customer service and very fast shipping. I have used them for several years with never a problem. I highly recommend the magic warehouse.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1237 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
My top three in order:
Hocus Pocus
Penguin Magic
MJM Magic

All of them are good for USA and overseas shipping.
I never have a problem with them.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This thread has opened my awareness of the many shops that are out there that I have never really shopped with because of habit. I'm going to take a legal pad and write some of these shops down in a long list.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
leinadnallareyem
View Profile
New user
Glendora, CA
35 Posts

Profile of leinadnallareyem
Dean Dill directly
The Trickery (great phone personal support from Howard)
Brick and Motor shops, wherever I travel
Internet (best value search)
Leinad
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5039 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just began dealing with Bob Solari- google Bob Solari Magic- so nice to talk with a real person (Bob himself) and get GREAT customer service, not to mention same day shipping! I will always check with Bob first before going elsewhere.

RNK
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
OK, I'll say it since no one else will - NOT Hank's. Feel free to PM me for details.

Good places:

Penguin (the best, IMO, for about eight reasons)
Hocus Pocus
Madhatter
Denny and Lee
Café members
MagicProShop (this place used to be great, then it tanked, but now it's much better again)
Magic Warehouse
MJM
Elmwood
Martini
Barry's Magic Shop (the one I visit in person in the DC area)
Vanishing, Inc.
Ellusionist (my first on-line magic shop, which therefore will always hold a special place no matter what anyone else says)
Tannen's (when they're running a great promo)
L&L (again, when they're running a great promo)
Creators
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey guys!

I was at Williams Magic in Tucson yesterday and Emory informed me that they are now offering a mobile magic store in addition to their shops. This is a fully stocked magic store on wheels. He's going on a 4,000 mile tour soon so those who do not have shops near you he's bringing it to you. I was able to see pictures of the mobile store and his inventory. I'm truly amazed. Everything they carry in their stores will be available for immediate purchase in his mobile store.

Check out his ad in mum.

Just thought you'd like to know!

Mike Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You'll do best with a shop you develop a personal relationship with. Someone you can talk about what's good/bad.

Paul over at Hocus Pocus and Bill at Madhatter are real pro's and know their stuff. Triple A service all the way.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
250 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Numero Uno is Sellers here at the Magic Café; You get great prices while helping other magicians at the same time.

2) Magic Warehouse (great prices, service, and stocks some things I haven't found elsewhere)
3) Penguin (known for great prices, vast stock (although often out of stock on many items))
4) Walmart is America's #1 magic store if you know what I mean
5) Michael's craft stores (for the imagineers out there)

Ken
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 12:46, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 07:31, Failed Magician wrote:
You guys are lucky. I live in Indonesia, so magic tricks and supplies are either rare or very expensive. I bought some items from MJM and Magic Warehouse, but I had to send them to a friend in USA and he will bring it when he goes to Indonesia.

We do have some magic shops here but they overcharge for almost everything. A trick that will cost me about $20 in most U.S. online shops could reach about $30 to $35 here. For a trick with $35 price tag will be sold around $55 to $65, that is why I can't move on, unless I'm a rich person.

So, any suggestion or recommendation on which shop I should choose? The one with good shipment such as FedEx to Indonesia. Thanks.

Hi there - I recognize your name and I thank you for the orders you've placed with us! While we don't offer FedEx, we do ship with UPS to Indonesia, which will give you a tracking number to follow your package all the way.

However, since you are concerned about money, it should come as no surprise that UPS and FedEx can both be very expensive to ship internationally. Usually, at least in our store, UPS International is more money because 1) it's the fastest way to ship something, and 2) it comes with tracking since UPS employees handle it all the way from our doorstep to yours.

The cheapest (and slowest) way to ship something is generally First Class Mail International, and the next step up is Priority Mail International which generally arrives at your destination within 10 business days. It's probably the most economical "express" type shipping you can purchase.

However, if money is your concern, then doing what you're doing (by sending the packages to a relative in the USA to bring to you) is the most affordable thing to do.

Hi Jeff, didn't expect that you would still remember that was me LOL! Well, how much is Priority Mail International?

From my opinion, I'm now sure the best ones are:
MJM, Magicwarehouse, Penguin and Madhattermagic.

They provide good offer and excellent service. Perhaps for customers in Asia, these guys could be more gentle in charging for the shipment, that's always been my wish for every single week I go to church Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
I usually shop at Tannen's (for convenience, it is close by me), Penguin (great prices, selection, and a wonderful staff), Magic Pro Shop (GREAT staff, has items that Penguin doesn't sell), and Magic Trick Store (Some of their products are priced absurdly lower than other sites, and they also carry those wonderful Tenyo products!).
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2010-04-21 12:39, Failed Magician wrote:
Hi Jeff, didn't expect that you would still remember that was me LOL! Well, how much is Priority Mail International?

That all depends on the overall weight of the package. When you add items to your MJM Magic shopping cart, you can click the button that says Estimate Shipping, which will quote you the shipping prices for the items you're going to purchase.

In some cases, we can end up fitting your items into a Flat Rate Priority Box which may be cheaper if the overall weight is heavy but the size is small enough to fit in the flat rate box dimensions.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us through our website so we don't bog down the Magic Café with customer related details. Smile
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
In the uk, the best is Mike Danata based in bournemouth. Really helpful and honest guy.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
There are no brick and mortar in my area.. Smile

So-

Penguin Magic
MJM Magic
Elmwood Magic
Hocus Pocus
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Denny and Lee Magic Studio - Denny Haney
Martini Magic- Marty Grams
MagicVault - Mark Reed
Sorcery With Class - Scott Correll
Barry's Magic Shop - Barry Taylor
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Its been a while but I tend to always go from Hocus-pocus, magicwarehouse and that's it, I use to order a lot fom Peguin. Oh yeah the occasional theory11 and ellusionist when its a certain product.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I trust Penguin Magic.

Rock
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
But as I'm picky and always on tight budget, I will search for days to find the best deals for me. $2 difference could make me order from different store than the last one I ordered from.

Sorry! Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Their steadfast practice of not providing on-line or in-package invoices which break down shipping costs and any discounts keeps me from using Hocus Pocus much more often than I do.

I'm a lot more comfortable knowing exactly what I'm paying for.
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Hocus Pocus year ago said they will update their shopping cart to show shipping charges, Until now they still don't show exact shipping charges. Now all my orders goes to Magicware House. Magicware House show the exact shipping charges and have a lots of shipping methods you can choose.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL