The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20~21~22 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 16:30, mikenewman wrote:
I just went back to madhater site and now realize something else:
They are selling Knock-of items!
I don't see how you can support that? Now, am I just saying this because they are ignoring me? No. I am against the knock-off pushers! They should know better, but obviosly only care about profit. This is America, and is within their rights legally. But it is my right to avoid them and post here as well...

I just hope others (especially on here!))realize this and don't support it. But, your right to do as you please by all means... But to see an "Eternal Order" member support it really makes me wonder. Maybe he doesn't know that madhatter does this? If you don't realize it, then I apoligize. Hopefully you re-evaluate your support.

I am pretty sure this isn't the Kennedy version...
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=7513

And this isn't from Mr. Jay Sankey
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=8269

Losander table??? I think not
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=8099

This one is REALLY Good! They advertise it is a Knock-off!!!
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=6664

Nuff said!

Well...

As far as The Sankey Item and Kennedy Mystery Card Box- I see both of those items for sale at my Local Brick N Morter Shop- I believe they both or at least the Kennedy box look alike is from Magic Makers-
for the Losander Table- Check Lou C's post out:
"I purchased my Losander Floating Table from Madhatter. That was my only experience with them and I was happy with the transaction! Yes it is a real Losander as I spoke with him about receiving mine. They had to special order them from him and Losander shipped it to me from Germany. " Nuff said...

And for the knock-out WOW- Yes- you are correct- it is a knock-off. Yes they do sell some knock off items- if you don't want to buy the knock off items- don't- but if you look at there site they have TONS of other stuff- NOT knock off items - SAME items being sold at other online shops for MUCH better price. So if you want to pay more for the same items you get elsewhere- that's cool- go for it- to each his own.

Nuff Said...
Check out Bafflingbob.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have purchased a number of (non-knock off items!) from MadHatter Magic, but lately I have had some difficulties with my purchases there. One product that appeared on their site to be a known high quality one turned out to be a much lesser product that retails for $30, but MadHatter sold it for more than double that. (Which was one of the reasons I was convinced it was one of the better ones at first). I complained and they gave me a partial credit but no refund offered. Then more recently they advertised some sets of Cartel Coins for an unbelievable price. (Ha! I should know better!) They did deliver to some but then wrote to the rest of us and said that they were all "defective" and were returned to the distributor. I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem to be the same as they had been in the past. Hasn’t changed hands, has it?

Jim
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 14:54, J-Mac wrote:
I have purchased a number of (non-knock off items!) from MadHatter Magic, but lately I have had some difficulties with my purchases there. One product that appeared on their site to be a known high quality one turned out to be a much lesser product that retails for $30, but MadHatter sold it for more than double that. (Which was one of the reasons I was convinced it was one of the better ones at first). I complained and they gave me a partial credit but no refund offered. Then more recently they advertised some sets of Cartel Coins for an unbelievable price. (Ha! I should know better!) They did deliver to some but then wrote to the rest of us and said that they were all "defective" and were returned to the distributor. I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem to be the same as they had been in the past. Hasn’t changed hands, has it?

Jim

No- don't think so JIM. That's interesting- any problem I have had- they took care of it and made everything right. Now- I have had instances were they contacted me and told me up front that what I ordered- only part of it was shipped or the gimmick was left out- but again- they gave me the option to order something else- refund money or they even (two times) had the company they order from DROP SHIP item directly to my house!

Anyway- I also want to mention that I had some shipping problems with something I ordered from Dee Christopher- the item never made it to my house- he said he shipped it again- three times to be exact. It still hasn't made it to my house YET- but what Dee did exhibited UNBELIEVABLE customer service- I am not going to tell you exacly what he did- but let's just say Dee made it more than right. Through this whole ordeal- Dee returned everyone of my emails promptly and respectfully. I will never hesitate to order from Dee again and HIGHLY recommend ordering from him. Thanks Dee for AWESOME customer service!

RNK
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I'm a member of hocus pocus and they have a lot of NICE sales on their site, but NOTHING beats walking into an old-fashioned brick n mortar magic shop, so I go to Daytona magic here in FL. Harry Allen is almost alwayss there, and he knows and can demo every trick in the place, which has a HUH-YOOOOGE inventory including no-longer-made relics acqired from the deceased / retired. They also have a convention every year, which I've yet to attend. Smile
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
I buy from the creator, & whenever possible, from my local brick & motar magic shop. Gotta keep that open, it is my hangout, & club meeting place.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
If you are not shopping at Denny & Lee....Start.
Frank
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I saw Seo Magic is selling the CARD CORNER CUTTER now. Seo is selling this for $25.00! I'm sorry but I had to post as this is disturbing to me. I bought the EXACT and I mean EXACT same one Seo is showing on their web site for somewhere in the range of $6.00 at Staples. This is just highway robbery. Yes, Seo has some good stuff, but their prices are usually way to high!

RNK
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Squando is right on. The brick and mortar shops give you way more than tricks. They are able to offer services and advise that just doesn't come from the
Internet suppliers. Look at Denny and Lee's web page. Denny has inventory of things that you've only heard about. Get on their mailing list and support those
Merchants who will support you. Denny has brick and mortar shops in Baltimore and Las Vegas.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
MJM magic and Penguin magic. I live in cow town U.S.A. so the closet magic shop is like 2 hours away. The the city its in is super cool. SF.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
For general magic, I found Mad Hatter to have the lowest price, and in my humble opinion , having traveled quite a lot and visiting many magic shops, the very best over all is The Magic Warehouse, they deliver fast, match or beat every price, amazing customer service and honest help, if you are working n a new effect , you can show it to the staff and get profession help in a very positive way. Howard and George are very helpful and you always leave the store much more knowledgeable .
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Bill is a super guy down at the mad hatter.
and if he has it.it is hard to beat his prices.
todd
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
BRICK and Mortar:
Diamond's Magic in Peabody, MA (I'm lucky to live in the area, Eddie is the best!!!)

ONLINE:
Penguin Magic

Thanks,
Sami
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Mostly I order Online, And mostly Buy from Penguin!, they have great Variety of Products, Great Prices, and Great Shipping!
hp
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of hp
I have had outstanding customer service from several dealers including a couple that have not yet been mentioned: Bradbury Books, H&R Magic Books, Lybrary.com, Vanishing Inc. Magic. I have also been pleased with my orders from Daryl, MJM, and Meyer Yedid.

When I way outstanding service, I mean that something has gone wrong with the order (or the website) and folks have worked hard to fix the issue. I never had issues with Daryl, MJM, or Meyer so they haven't yet had a chance to demonstrate going to great effort to fix somehing. Perhaps that makes them better.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
SEO Magic, too! Service, shipping, quality products!

On 2011-12-09 12:11, hp wrote:
I have had outstanding customer service from several dealers including a couple that have not yet been mentioned: Bradbury Books, H&R Magic Books, Lybrary.com, Vanishing Inc. Magic. I have also been pleased with my orders from Daryl, MJM, and Meyer Yedid.

When I way outstanding service, I mean that something has gone wrong with the order (or the website) and folks have worked hard to fix the issue. I never had issues with Daryl, MJM, or Meyer so they haven't yet had a chance to demonstrate going to great effort to fix somehing. Perhaps that makes them better.
[/quote]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
From a UK perspective the best dealers are:

Mike Danata
magictricks.co.uk
JB Magic
International Magic
Zane
Martin Breese
Davenports

The one's to watch out for are:

Worldmagicshop - they show their prices online excluding VAT so they look cheaper than they are for UK buyers (sneaky)
Merchant of Magic - they deal mainly with the trade so private buyers get an inferior service.
Alakazam - they still take your money when products are out of stock
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-12-07 20:29, bowers wrote:
Bill is a super guy down at the mad hatter.
and if he has it.it is hard to beat his prices.
todd

I agree, Bill is a good guy who will help you in anyway he can. Not to mention he has super deals!

RNK
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
I 2nd (or 3rd) the comments about Bill and Madhatter Magic. Unlike some other retailers (the initials HL come to mind!), Madhatter keeps their stock up to date and will notify you about delays or any problems ASAP. Plus, their prices can't be beat. Great customer service. I'd say the same applies to The Magic Warehouse, just down I-95 from me in the Baltimore area. A great selection and incredibly fast shipping - I'll receive orders from them the next day!
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
YES I always check Madhatter Magic first for whatever I am looking for. Bill always goes the extra mile to make sure your order is correct and sent in a timely manner.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Outlaw
Alchemy Moon
Steven's Magic
Leaping Lizards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where do you buy your magic? (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL