The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » First Xmas bazaar of the season (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
OK, OK, I give up, no more "Mr. Nice Guy" here.

From now on, it's "off with their heads"!! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Yeah Seth...now you're talking like a pitchman !

Later,Don
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Great hearing stories from you guys that are out there doing it and learning from Don Driver what's what and where's where. I own Don's DVD and apply his lessons daily.

Good Stuff !!

Cap'n Mike
Seaside Showman
Myrtle Beach, SC
=====================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Next to Don, we are all J.C.L.'s !!

I learn something new every time I work a show. SETH
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Seth,
Well you learned J.C.L. lingo,thats a good sign...I think you have been "with it" long enough that you are past the J.C.L. stage. Welcome aboard.

Later,Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Don, I feel like I just got promoted from private to sergeant! Smile

Thank you!! SETH
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Well the big bazaar and craft show was a great success and the best show so far this year. I sold $350.00 worth of worms and cards. Show ran from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm

I could not have done this with out the help of Don Driver and his Svengali Pitch DVD. I use Don's pitch and it WORKS! Also thanks to Seth for all the good advice on what to do out there in the real world of pitching. My last show is this Saturday at an Eagles Lodge bazaar, its on a busy highway, so we will see how it goes.

Then after Saturday, I put the show in the barn until March when the indoor RV and Boat shows get going. Plus any indoor flea markets.

Happy Holidays to all!

ROD
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Congrats, Rod, on "getting the money," great job!

I just did my last Xmas Bazaar of the season this past weekend. You know, I've been in more churches over the past two months than in the last ten years! Smile Seriously, I hit 'em all: the Catholics, Protestants, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Presbyterians, etc., and also did two Chanukkah Bazaars to boot.

I believe the economy did dampen things a bit this year; traffic was not quite as heavy and people were not spending as freely. But overall I was satisfied -- I had a few $800 days, a few $200 days, and everything in between. Plus, if you don't go out and work, you don't make anything!

Now my Magic Worms are going to settle down for a long winter nap, hibernating in my garage until March, when I'll hit a flea or two to get the rust out. Then I'll start working the Spring street festivals and municipal fairs again. In the meantime, I'm working on perfecting a "Fast & Loose" (Endless Chain) routine for my own amusement.

Happy Holidays to all, and thanks to everyone on this board (especially Don!) for all the good advice and tips over the past year. SETH
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hey Thanks Seth!

My last show is this Saturday! Its not as large as the last show, but hope to pull in a little moola to tied me over hahaha

Thanks again Seth, your advice and info have been really appreaciated.

ROD
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
OK DON!!!!!!

I won't cut those kids and their parents any slack! I will be the grinch of the pitch joint hahaha. I agree that most of these kids are just kids and they feel they have to tell the whole world the SECRET, but I have lost sales from this, so I agree Don, I am using the firm approach from now on.

Hey Don, thanks for your advice this year, and happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!

ROD
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Well, I did my last Christmas Bazaar of the season yesterday, it was at a Lodge, All I will say is..it was a crappy show with the usual gang of management and vendor IDIOTS. I am glad the season is over and the show is in the barn til March. SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ROD
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Hey Rod, sorry to hear you ended on a sour note.

Unfortunately, some of these organizations only think of soliciting vendors and collecting their table fees. Then they think their job is done, they don't bother to advertise the show, lay out the floor spots properly or do anything else that might help to organize things and make it successful. They have their money, so from their point of view, they are already successful. But without the proper follow-through, they are dead ducks.

We have all been burned this way once or twice. Fortunately, word gets around pretty quick and outfits like this suddenly find that they have no vendors -- and then they wonder why. The best shows know that if they take care of their vendors, the vendors will take care of them.

Anyway, keep those Svengali Decks in a dry, warm place until March!! Happy Holidays to you, and see you down the road, too. SETH
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Seth:

Yes, we were crammed in there like sardines haha The aisle between the tables were about 36 inches, Yes, I have had some good shows this year too, so can't complain too much. Pitching is still a great job and I enjoy it.

Thanks Seth, and happy holidays!

ROD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » First Xmas bazaar of the season (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL