The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where Can I Buy a Eureka Table Base For Chico The Monkey? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I have gone to several music and drum store looking for a screw on base to my new case for Chico. I have not been doing it like Bill mentions in his video because I have never been successful finding one.

Anyone know where I can find a base that I can connect to my small metal 11.5 by 18.5 tin case for Chico?
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
You need a cymbol stand a metal pipe flange a conduit connector. Cut the cymbol part off of the stand slide the conduit connector over the cymbol stand and tighten up. Take the metal pipe flange and screw it to the case you are going to use and screw it to the conduit connector. The metal pipe flange and conduit connector can be purchased at the home depot or lowe's. The cymbol stand at your local music store. If you have any questions send me a PM.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Kevin, Atlas makes a mic stand flange/adapter. I made my own tables using them. Thay are available at most music shops, although they may not be common atock and could have to be ordered.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I got mine from MAK.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Atlas mike stand adapters are made of die cast. They will break if you are not careful. Sometimes they will break if you ARE careful. A good pipe flange will not break.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
We sell the Eureka bases

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Eureka-Table-Base_p_654.html

we also sell the new Joe Lefler table base which is much more rugged:

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Ultimate-Table-Base_p_898.html

Joe's new base is really nice - and its not chrome - its black. You don't want chrome that reflects light on stage.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That black base has a number of advantages over the Eureka base.

1) It is non-reflective and not as obtrusive as the Eureka base.

2) The legs lie closer to the ground. This means that they will be less likely to be caught by your foot if you travel too close to the table.

You may not think this latter thing is important. Years ago, I had two really nice table bases made by Star Magic. They were made of aluminum with spidery legs like a music stand. They set up quickly and took down quickly, but they were not practical for real world performing. During one of my shows an assistant tripped over both of the tables. He caught his toe in one of the legs and took the whole table down with him. I got rid of those things immediately.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Bill,

Yes the Lefler base in black is far better than the Eureka... and pretty close in cost.

Joe really did well in sourcing his base and making sure its top notch.

I am replacing my old bases with his soon.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where Can I Buy a Eureka Table Base For Chico The Monkey? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL