The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » El Duco jumbo cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Can anyone give an opinion on the El Duco jumbo cards, now that Bikes are going away? Are they the preferred replacement? Or is there a differenet brand? (Or has all this already been covered in a thread I couldn't find!?!)

Ed
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I think you refer to the Giant Anglo Deck. These cards are excellent and handle better than the old Bicycle Jumbo Cards which I have, however, these were made in China. I have some double facers in Giant Anglo Decks that expand the range of effects you can perform with these beauties. I hope they print some gimmicked cards in the Anglo Giant Version. They are highly visible from a distance and for parlor presentations these are great. When I saw their range of products in Beijing at FISM they had beautiful poker size decks with many different color backs which were very elegant. The backs of the Giant Anglo Cards is also beautiful and very elegant with ornate silver arabesques. Very classy indeed. They're pricey however especially with a very poor exchange with the euro nowadays.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The Anglo cards have huge indeces - much bigger than on Bike jumbos! When Bob Sheets performed at an Abbott's Close-Up Convention, years ago, he said that he used the cards in 1,000 seat venues. He performed Homing Card, with Anglo cards. The card stock is the size of Hoyle jumbos.

One could use Bike poker jumbo index cards, instead of Bike jumbos, because the indeces are the same size as on the jumbos.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I bought some King-Size Cards Set (C5601) Each card measures 11" x 8", for $9.98 from Harrietcarter. I was expecting some flimsy pieces of thin card board, but they are very sturdy (comparable to my jumbo McCombical deck), with a nice glossy finish (which tends to make them a bit heavy)

HC intended these as novelty cards, but these could be used to make some simple gaffs, or used as is.

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/f......C2ECF260
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » El Duco jumbo cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL