We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SCHOOL OF BUSKING DVD, AND A WORD ABOUT GAZZO. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
I don't say good things about things I don't like, I try and remain silent. I loved this so here's my 2 cents.

The dvd is;

the first two dvds are mario lecturing on the life and mechanics and the third dvd gazzo lectures and demonstrates crowd control and state of mind, sort of holding court in a session.

clips of students demonstrating techiniques pepper the dvds.

If you were to go to the school of busking in oxford, cambridge, harvard, or yale, taught by full time buskers, by a properly educated proffessor....this course would be the science and lifestyle of busking.

-is it actioned packed?

-is it full of cutting edge street magic tricks?

-does it have a high dollar production and special effects?

nope.

and if that's what's your looking for you have a long hard road of scattered dreams infront of you as a proffessional entertainer.

this dvd is important, because it's not some sizzle, it's the steak.

this is what's gonna help you be successful and make a wise decision weather or not you want to choose this life.

if you wanna go full time into busking and you watch this dvd and get bored or disinterested....this is great news for you, you can now know, that you probably shouldn't get into this line of work......because this dvd is all about this line of work, the real lifes work and industry.

and more good news, is that you will be more informed, when you decide to talk about busking.

this is NOT the stylistic dreams, that those slick fad magic trick commercials are selling.

this is cold reality.

but if this is what you wanna do with your life this is a box full of jewels, that will make your career come true.

busking is 10 % glamour 90 % problem solving fanaticism.

this dvd will teach you what a real busker and the world busker community is like. this is an industry of work ants accross the globe working, like any other industry.

it dismisses misconceptions like, buskers only make money from street performing or that busking is a thing on the weekend in your home town.

THE SCHOOL OF BUSKING DEFINES BUSKING AND ENDS THE ARGUMENT.

George Gilbert had made mention that, one could buy a portable dvd player or lap top and plug it into the lighter of a van or rv and watch pieces every day as primer and instruction.

listening to mario speak was startling to me, the things he was saying was usually only privy to the tight knit old school. this dvd is really the underground tricks of the trade for hard core buskers.

which brings me to Gazzo who has given me great joy and respect for his character as a magician.

this man is a master, who is superficially seen as a comic.

he has takin the reins as one of our most important leaders, after it being foisted on him from the old guys simply dying out or retiring. his and mario's support for Cellini and all the other old masters is frankly humbling for me.

for those of you familiar with his past (especially the whole walter scott thing and Gazzos education into magic and entertainment) and the way he has chose to hold himself through out his life with his art, tradition, teachers, students and peers I think he should be recognized by our powers that be a lot more then he is.

I know that I have not spent a lot of alone time with him and he don't like people talking about him, but his reputation precedes him. besides we've all been thinking it and few have said it.

we have had the privledge of having him here in our country for many years I only wish we had mario too.

if you think I'm sucking up...your right I am...and I think it's about time a bunch more of you did the same!

if you think I'm blowing him up too much maybe you aught watch this thing and judge for yourself.

funny enough with all that said I think mario on the first two dvds stated the most important things on the dvd. take notes and burn it into your heads.

I said it before, I'll say it again;

WE HAVE NOTHING ON PAR TO THIS IN THE STATES.

gawd knows I learned a lot and got a lot of confirmations from it.

thank you...i waited a long time for this info to reach our shores marketed. for years I have tryed to paint a picture of what we are as a people and you guys did it in 3 dvds.

your pal jimmy.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Bravo Jimmy!

I just got done watching them too and I thought that at around 3 plus hours, it was way to short. I could have watched 3 times that much instruction from these guys. In the end, I felt like I really wanted to get to know those guys at the personal level - not just the student/teacher relationship. Should have gone to the class had I the means. That option is gone. These dvd's are true gold.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Mr. pizpor

I justy went on your site and happened to actually track down some footage of you working a stage on the youtube.

hand quicker then the eye race bit.

I like the cut of your jib.

gotta hat just like it, it's a scala. I put it in the wash no dry and mold and let it air dry...great street hat.

any way, I love your character and approach, hobo magic.

hints of tom waits and all.

you checked out my blog?

we gotta site and forum too.

us vagrants gotta stick together.

looking forward to more footage of you or the great priveledge of watching you live.

thanks for everything.

your pal jimmy
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Thanks Jimmy,
one never knows how they'll be received by their peers, so thanks for the accepting nod. The pizpor show is definately me turning my back to the norm.

Tell me where your blog is. I'd like to check it out.

I tip my hat to you!

Pizpor (yes, it is pronounced "pi**-poor")
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks guy's for your feed-back very humberling.
Perhaps any other feed-back of the DVD's Set could be kept to this thread and the review section?
Once again thank-you, we have now ordered the secound batch.
Mario
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I still haven't received mine. Grrrrr!!!!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I can not confirm your order with the name RifRaff????!!!!!!!!!!!
You will have to confirm your order with Veronica the boss. To do that you will have to contact veronica at veecon_2000@yahoo.com
Thanks
Mario
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I will do that.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The other thing to bear in mind their are postal strikes taking place across the UK.
Orders have been geeting through and orders are being despatched qwikly.
You may have to be patient with the blessed Royal Mail.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Latest up date on international posting.
International orders of School of Busking DVD will be despatched from main land Europe. This will avoid any delay caused by UK postal strikes.
Order through http://www.schoolofbusking.com
Thanks
Mario
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Got mine on Halloween.
Thanks Mario.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hello chaps

There is too many threads about the School of Busking DVD set and it's getting confusing- how about we take this conversation over to here DON Driver's thead:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&7

Thanks!

Mario
leantransform
View Profile
New user
Stuart, FL
4 Posts

Profile of leantransform
I just had the privilege of attending the 3 day Street Magic Class with Jeff McBride and Mario Morris in Las Vegas. As a fairly new magician, I wanted to learn from the best, and all I can say is wow, I learned more in these 3 days than in the last year watching DVD, reading books and practicing when I can. There is nothing to focus you like having to get ready to go perform for a live audience. Mario gives you his 100% focus, and sees well beyond your tricks and helps you to develop your character both for performance and as a person. I feel beyond privileged to be able to learn from such masters. With the encouragement from Mario and Veronica, and the other Mystery School-School of Busking students, I did my first public performance, and it felt great. I put smiles on the faces of a little girl and her family, and the icing on the cake is I got my first hat. Thanks Mario and Veronica!!!
Roger Chen
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2009-10-20 18:13, jimmy talksalot wrote:
we have had the privledge of having him here in our country for many years I only wish we had mario too.

I had the privilege to learn from Mario first hand over the weekend here in the US
thorugh the McBride Mystery School.

If that is just a little taste; I can't wait to be able to fly across the pond to
attend the school. Meanwhile, I will be putting my order in for this set today.

Mario is the real deal and to see him work and learn from (and others) was a privilege and honor. I learned a great deal and definitely have brought me to
another level.

I'll post a review in couple days (about this weekend) in the appropriate thread
once I'm grounded from a fantastic weekend.

It's Wedneday and I am still recovering.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
849 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Solrak & Leantransform,

You got it from the best. Thanks to Mario & the School of Busking (which is really Mario himself, and Veronica) -- I can take my table ANYWHERE.

BF (Before Mario), I was confined to stage, close-up, KID SHOWS, and parlour shows. Now - I'm pretty well fixed to perform anywhere.

And for that - I owe Mario.

School of Busking is a life enhancing experience.

One of the best aspects is that Mario is as honest as the day is long, a genuine worker who puts his all into his work - as was Gazzo, at the school I attended. There's no padding with Mario.

In fact, I'd trust him with my Vanishing Cane Routine Rolled up in a Newspaper routine ANYtime (joke!)

I've just recently re-read his manual on Street Performing, and it's well worth the asking price.

For the money.. all of the Self Help Street manuals/DVDs are worthy of space on your library shelves.

Ask yourself this - How much it would cost you to learn a craft that will provide you with an income as long as you have control over your hands, limbs, and brain?

Gazzo, and many others, have a great "magical" history.. by that, I mean, they came from a stoked up background of "magic" - close-up, or card magic, or stage, or other areas of magic.

Gazzo, as an example isn't JUST a street performer. What he does is great, and he surfs big time - on his personality.

As all of the greats in entertainment do.

Mario, perhaps, appears not to be a great manipulator - that is not his forte - unless (correct me, please... !!) but he MORE than makes up for it in ENTERTAINMENT value.

Do the audience applaud when you do the pass? No. Are they still clapping when you double-undercut?
No.
Do they clap big time when the card appears on your forehead/mouth/trouser?

Of course they do.

If you want to learn now to ENTERTAIN people - Mario and the School of Busking is the business.

And yes,

I'm biased.

DCB

I
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Hi all!

A good deal is happening over at the School of Busking - thought you may want to check it out. If you haven't yet got the set - this is an opportunity to get a great deal -

School of Busking Halloween Special offer
Three Comprehensive School of Busking DVDs set, The Buskers and Showman DVD and Street Performing Manual, Retail Value £98 for just £55
Offer Ends on Halloween 2011 or While Stocks Last. PLUS Free World Wide Shipping.

Check out http://www.schoolofbusking.com for all details!

Lady Vee Smile
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Take advantage of this offer before they come to their senses. I did.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
173 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
All Mario's products are top notch. I own them all. This is a great deal. Jump in now.

Jimmy
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi
Thanks Dave and Jimmy. Hey Dave, your DVD pack has been sent out from UK along with all others and they will be with you soon! Like you say - its a good idea to take advantage of this deal cos they are going fast, almost out of stock of the Busker and Showman DVD and we wont have that DVD with us in the US.

Looking forward to the US!

Check out http://www.schoolofbusking.com for all details!
School of Busking Halloween Special offer
Vee Smile
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Very nice offer!
I'm in!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SCHOOL OF BUSKING DVD, AND A WORD ABOUT GAZZO. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL