The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cerebral Steal - Full Performance (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Well, Mr. Brown, I just purchased your video and I found it fantastic. I've never been a mentalist, so there was much for me to learn. I also felt that the last 5 minutes were like a second whole video lesson and very valuable as well. All of it, brand new horizons for me to explore.

But, dear Mr. Brown, I think you owe us (at least those who purchase your video), an explanation of how the banana bit is accomplished.

Great work, but don't leave all of your dearest friends hanging.....

David
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2014, Zerububle wrote:
Erm no Mikkel

No preshow work and no hypnotic force. Look closer... Or actual buy the effect and know what your talking about

James Brown

Sorry, James. Since he was clearly a good subject I thought that was how you did it. I apologize for pulling the trigger too fast.

Best regards,

Mikkel
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

However, just to make sure. I thought the "banana" was a Hypno Force and NOT the card Smile

Best regards,

Mikkel
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
The word 'Banana' is just written on the card.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Ah, so straight-forward. Yes, I noticed that your direction was "whatever information you get from the card". Is the card blank except for the word, or is the word written over a regular card?
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, Zerububle wrote:
The word 'Banana' is just written on the card.

Very well thought out, James!!! So the reason why he reacted so strongly was because he "consciously" forgot the information on the card as well. Do you have the same hit-rate with this as the "basic" handling taught on you DVD and download?
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Hi, sorry to write on an old post but I still don't get the banana thing. I have the video and I don't find it. The amnesia part is really well explained but why not the mind reading final, which is the important thing ? If it's written on the first card, how do you manage it ? It's a big word on the card or a little one ? I'm confused...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Absolutely brilliant ... and that is coming from someone that hates mentalism.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
What a great performance, loved it!

Normally I wouldn't go in to the method but because James allready said how he made the volunteer think about the word banana, here is the following question I have:

What I don't understand is how you make the volunteer forget about what was on the card.
I can understand that if you change the card the volunteer never get's it right (even if they where right by remembering the originall card).
But surelly the spectator must remember if there was a word written on the shown card instead of a normal playing card?
Thatmagicmantho
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Thatmagicmantho
I am interested in purchasing this effect to use in my walk around routine. Is it worth it?
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
I absolutely love this effect, it´s great if you´re just starting out in hypnosis. One of the nicest things you can do with cards
toneill
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of toneill
Really nice...I might have to pick this up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cerebral Steal - Full Performance (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL