The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » IForce by Greg Rostami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Ok Im new to the iPhone. I just got it last week. I had to wait for my previous 3 year contract with a different service provider to end, before I could switch over and get the iPhone. So Im a little behind the times, and Im sure my review is meaningless as everyone here reading this probably has it but here it is anyway:

iForce was one of the many magic apps I immediately downloaded...and WOW! This is just awesome! Greg also gave very enjoyable video instructions, and taught it very well! He seems very personable, and like a really great guy! I don't know him personally, but I was so impressed with him and this awesome app.

Ideas are over FLOWING my brain since downloading it. I have only used it on a few select freinds so far and using only the preset effects, but blew everyone away.

This is almost like a magic UTILITY, and as Greg states, its NOT a one trick pony.

My only question is, Any tips on memorization positions on things like the Coin toss prediction?

Anyway, I have downloaded a couple of dozen magic apps so far and realize that my experience with magic apps so far is somewhat limited, but If I was asked to give a quote for this right now, this is what I would say "BEST MAGIC APP I HAVE SEEN, HANDS DOWN, PERIOD!

Congrats Greg, and Co. This is awesome, aside from a thumb tip, best $3 I spent on a magic trick in YEARS!

If you own an iPhone, go get it, NOW!

PS the doodle app itself is cool! My 4 year old son loves just playing with that...lol!

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2608 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

Thank you for your interest in the iPad version of iForce.

There WILL be an iPad version of iForce. This is going to be a universal binary, which means ONE version of iForce will run on iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. We don't think anyone is going to be flipping over their iPads on a table very easily, but the other secret methods of input will work fine.

All of the screens and graphics for the iPad version will be updated to accommodate the higher resolution screen.

As I type this, I'm working on a few screens . . .
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2608 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your kind quote. I hope iForce brings you many magical moments.

I love knowing that any time I'm out, I can do something amazing since I ALWAYS have my iPhone with me. iForce is my favorite on-the-spot magic utility.

As far as your question about memorization . . . the 3 coin preset uses a simple binary system that's explained in the written manual.

I usually don't memorize ANY preset. Here's what I do:

When I'm looking at the back of the iPhone, I start from the top and go around clockwise. If my prediction is going to be items on a table, I arrange the items in front of me from left to right. For example if there are 4 items (salt, pepper, spoon, fork) I arrange them in that order on the table. The left most item is number one (salt) and the last item is number four (fork). This way, when someone points at an object, to me it's just a number, NOT the item.

I do the same thing when I perform predicting the name of a friend at a dinner table. If I've already put the names of my friends in a preset, I simply reorganize the names so they correspond to the position that they are sitting at the table. I do this while I pretend that I'm answering a text message.

I hope this helps Peter,

take care,
Greg Rostami
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for the fast reply Greg!

Ahhh the written instructions... Sorry my fault, I guess I just figured that all the info was in the video instructions aswell. I thought you had a choice to watch the instructions or read them, so I only watched the video. That explains why you never really talk about the other pre-set options in the video. I'll be sure take a look at the written instrucitons on the app. My fault, but thanks for clearing that up, I'll let you know if I have any questions after viewing the written instructions also.

Thanks for the other tips and tricks, Im loving this thing, and Ive been telling all my other magician friends to go get it that have an iPhone!

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2201 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Greg,
I have a question. when doing the swipe for setup...why is the fe not at that screen? I have to go back in to "setup" two times to use swipe.

Also, I have heard"voice activated" and such.(how funny) I mostly use 8 options and use swipe, as pickup gets weird...thoughts or advice?
Pay it forward
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2201 Posts

Profile of magicmind
RE: the FE...I know I can use the other swipe, but have trouble getting that to work.
Recommendations?
Pay it forward
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2608 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi magicmind,

Just make sure your 3 fingers are spread apart when you do the 3 finger swipe. This way, you'll never fail.

Here are a few tips for those of you who are having troubles hitting the flip method 100% of the time.

Place the iPhone on the table at a 45 degree angle. This makes it easier for you to pick it up when the time comes.

Remember that iForce decides what to display in the first 25-30 degrees.

If you're doing a slow flip, you can exagerate the slow in the first 45 degrees of flipping . . . after 45 degrees iForce has already decided, hence you can go ANY speed you want.

When we first started, I sometimes would have problems with the fast flip. Here's the solution for the fast flip . . . pull UP on the edge of the iPhone fast, this forces iForce to see a "Fast" flip. Then slow down your turn so that you don't damage your iphone on a hard surface.

And finally here's a BIG tip. If you have only one drawing in one of the direction presets, iForce doesn't care if you flip fast or slow . . . it's going to show you only that drawing. If you perform the "1 to 4 (easy)" Preset, you'll notice that no matter how fast or how slow you flip over the iPhone you're going to get exactly what you wanted.

I hope this makes some of you that might be a bit squeamish about Flip, more confident.

Greg Rostami
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Absolutely Amazing App! I have been working on it for a few days now and its so much fun. I have made a preset for each color available and have them pick the color to use. I have also applied it to Mem Deck Work and works great. I haven't had a problem yet but does anyone get nervous when you get the spec flip to the next screen but they can press anywhere on the screen and it will go to the doodle app?

Thanks Again
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
I downloaded it yesterday and I would say this is the only apps that doesn't look like a magic apps. I love it so much!!! Nice work
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it ever since. So many different ideas to experiment with. At the moment I'm working on combining it with Ben Harris' Crossroads; anyone else had this idea?
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Just downloaded it and I can't wait to start usin it. This fantastic! Thank you Greg!
Weird is part of the job.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3139 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Will all these great apps work with the I phone 4 regards Gary
Kuma
View Profile
New user
Sydney
51 Posts

Profile of Kuma
I just used another routine on iForce!

I'm experimenting with a cooking-based routine. I was making fruit-bread and asked someone if they wanted to put some dried raisins, currants or peel in the bread. I got them to select one and throw it in the breadmaker. I then showed them that I had predicted their choice even before we started.

Because they were suspicious that it wasn't magic (IE: I knew their taste in food so it was a percieved no-brainer), so I had them pick one more ingredient, and revealed that I could predict that too ! A good reason to leave repeat on... Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
So I've got the bit at the top that says:
'Place two fingers on the painting and swipe down to view the hidden performance presets.'

But when I do it I just get a line (from ONE of my fingers) that draws from top to bottom.
What are we collectively going to do about this for one of our own? Lets not leave him secluded!!!
Hello? Helloooooo? Any ideas??? Hellooooooo?
Help. We're like brothers an' that.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
I take it this post is now closed yeah?
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
To state the obvious it must be either a phone or iforce issue.Was it working before? Maybe you could delete the app then re download from your itunes.Has your phone been jailbroken? sometimes that causes issues..

Luke
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thanks luke
tony660
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of tony660
I understand there is an IPAD version coming out soon but will this version run on the IPAD and if so will there be any problems. Also if it is purchased now for the IPAD when the IPAD version comes out will you have to purchase it again?

Thanks,

Tony
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Rumor used to say there was an Android version coming out. I take it that the rumor was false?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2608 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Grandpa Chet,

iForce for Android is AVAILABLE NOW!!
http://bit.ly/h5nSGs

Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » IForce by Greg Rostami (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL