The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » From Hell and Back ...... JSBloom (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2447 Posts

Profile of magicmind
The ad:
Who is the most notorious serial murderer of all time? You have seven billets; each folded and secured with a paper clip, opaque each with a name of a different serial killer inside. That is the truth. After talking about the seven serial killers, you ask two helpers to line up the billets in any order and to each give a number 1-7 and the billets are arranged in a circle without changing the order at all and the serial killers are eliminated one by one using the freely given numbers. The other billets are opened and read leaving just one. This is read out loud by the spectator. A prediction that has been in sight the entire time (no switches) is read is opened by the other spectator. It is verbiage from a letter from the same killer!

The package:
You get a detailed 5 page manuscript
A digital copy of the stained letter (this thing looks real)

My opinion of the storyline/method:
Clever... Subtle.....workable as is or could be part of a dark series of things that tie into the overall theme. Paper clipped billets keep everything in a closed package and make handling easy. This could be a stand alone piece, but he gives you enough of a routine to get the creative juices flowing. Not much to memorize, other than who the killers are and what they did. Focus in this is more about the performance. Method could be learned with props in hand in about 30 minutes.

Additional thoughts in the manuscript give you a few pointers about the method, in case you want to change things up a little.

Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)

on value for the money/8.5

on the routine/7.5 ( he gives you a workable routine. I feel this is a start to something than most will build on)

on the method/9 (very sneaky/clever...according to the method 85% chance of a completely hands off performance)***disclaimer...provided I understood the "phrase" in the directions. I have not done this enough to verify this.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2021 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
ALCON,
Now, that this effect has been field tested, PM me if interested.
As far as the math, I have my BS in mathematics so, yes, some of the principles used do rely on simple math. If you can count to seven, you can do this. If the spectator can count to seven, it really should be able to be done hands off most of the time(6 out of 7).
Magic regards,
Jeff
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2447 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I just received an updated set of directions....WOW, talk about customer service.
Jeff, are you working on anything else? I am sure others will are interested too.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2021 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Magicmind,
You are welcome. You might want to check out the latest and greatest thread on my comedy phobia routine. Like Hell and back, the supplied routine is basic and can be built upon. The method is also based on strong mathematical principles.
The price will be $13 just like "From Hell and back" which includes S&H in U$A.
Best,
Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » From Hell and Back ...... JSBloom (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL