The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DVDS with an audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I really enjoy watching performances with a live audience. But I have noticed on some DVDS that they have a good size audience that laugh and applaud and give great reactions, but I don't think they can really see the magic to warrant that type of reaction.

There doesn't seem to be monitors ( some people can be seen craning their necks to see ) and when cards are placed on the table and the revelations get gasps from people in the back, I don't understand how they can see what happened.

I've been to club lectures and if you don't get a good seat, you don't always see or understand the tricks where cards are placed onto the table.

I mention it because sometimes I don't care for a trick, but the audience seems to go wild for it and I wonder why.
~Joe
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Because they know they have to be a good audience. They're being taped and they know what's expected of them. Not that their reactions aren't genuine. But people get caught up in the excitement of being in front of the camera and it can make the thing they're watching seem more exciting than it maybe really is.

If you've ever been in the audience of a taping of a television show, you know what I mean. The jokes are A LOT funnier in person than they are when you watch the show.

As far as not being crazy about certain tricks that they go crazy for: You're a magician. They are lay people (at least some of them are). They see magic a lot differently. Stuff that's old hat to you is new and exciting to them.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Mr.Francis, thank you for your insight, as it makes much sense. Our family was at a taping of a TV show while on vacation one year and we all got caught up in the moment and cheered and laughed throughout.

Thank you.
~Joe
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
175 Posts

Profile of coolini
I remember reading in showmanship for magicians book that the entertainment value of a trick is more important than the secret and the trick itself...as long as I feel that the trick is intertaining it s not important whether audiance is over riacting or not as long as they are entertained...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DVDS with an audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL