The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2009 entrée: John Bannon » » Welcome to the Magic Café John! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As founder and manager I am thrilled to introduce our very special GUEST OF HONOR for October 2009, the one and only John Bannon!

Thanks for taking the time to join us for the next seven days John, I for one have been looking forward to this with great anticipation. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hello John,

Welcome to The Café. I first saw your work at an A-1 Convention in the Capitol in Sacramento. When your books came to life I was indellably marked as a huge fan of your work. There is such a grace in your approach to card magic.

It is a real treat to have you here.

Cheers,

Tom Cutts
John Bannon
View Profile
V.I.P.
152 Posts

Profile of John Bannon
I am pleased to have this opportunity. Thanks for having me; I am looking forward to it.
"And although this art is so wonderful, still it is held in no honor . . . The reasons are various, it seems to me; first, the art is concerned with useless matters; second, it is practiced by men of low degree."

G. Cardano on card tricks, De Subtilitate, 1554

www.johnbannonmagic.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Thank you for joining us here at the Café John, hope you will enjoy your stay here, Im a fan of yours, and I am pretty exited to have you among us.

Once again welcome

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Dear John,

Another fan from the other side of the globe! Hope you enjoy this week discussion. Your creation indeed save my life many times being surrounded by hecklers of all kinds (magicians included.)

Steven
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey John!
Welcome to the Café. I am very excited you are here this week. Your magic is incredible and has influenced me to become better at what I do.
Talk soon,
Brian
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Dear John:

Another big fan here. Suffice it to say that your effects have inspired me to learn sleights that I never would have attempted otherwise.

I look forward to some great threads here.

BCIII (that's Bill)
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Welcome to the Magic Café! I have most, if not all, of the magic books you've written, and they all are among my favorite magic books.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall during the sessions you have with Simon Aronson and Dave Solomon!

Thank you for coming here to chat with us.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Welcome John,

I too am a fan of your work and I think I have all of your published books and videos...

Have a great week and thanks for taking the time to converse with the faithful...

Danny Archer
Thomas Okey
View Profile
New user
Lakeland Florida
50 Posts

Profile of Thomas Okey
Welcome John,

I'm another great fan. I beleive I also have most of your work. I have already pre-ordered your new book along with the lecture notes.

Thanks for sharing all your great work with us.

Tom Okey
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay John,
I will be back in chicago Nov, 5-11 And doing a lecture there on the 16.
Maybe we can get togeter? And hope you have a good time! I sure did!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
John Bannon
View Profile
V.I.P.
152 Posts

Profile of John Bannon
I certainly feel welcome. I an not used to thinking about a lot of the things you are asking. It's fun and challenging.

John

(Dave--I am in NYC the week of November 9, PM where your lecture is going to be.)
"And although this art is so wonderful, still it is held in no honor . . . The reasons are various, it seems to me; first, the art is concerned with useless matters; second, it is practiced by men of low degree."

www.johnbannonmagic.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I'm enjoying your visit here on the Café. Let me know if you have any free time when you're in NYC.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
John

I've been reading your posts on here with much interest.

Without wanting to come across as a sycophant, I'd like to thank you for igniting my interest in magic.

I'd been introduced to magic by my father from a young age, but had never really taken it on board. Then, by chance, I stumbled across a few great videos of Andy Hall performing some of your effects. I was blown away.

There is something about your particular brand of magic that just appeals to me. Magic that is clever, not too sleight-heavy but still packs a punch.

It was with relish, therefore, that I made my first magic book purchase: Dear Mr. Fantasy.

Thank you for all your inspiration so far. I look forward to more in the future.

Syd
John Bannon
View Profile
V.I.P.
152 Posts

Profile of John Bannon
Hey Syd,

Thanks for that. Best of luck. Glad to be of some assistance.

John

www.johnbannonmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2009 entrée: John Bannon » » Welcome to the Magic Café John! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL