The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Mildly amusing story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
It's been a while since I've thrown the fast and loose (my performance style is moving away from material like that) but I was at a bar-mitzvah tonight and it's one of those things I love for this venue: it's modular, plays for large groups, and is PERFECT for people who want to challenge me (as some groups at these things do).

Well, I explain that there are several rules to follow and that if they can win 3 times in a row they get (and I pick something cool that's in the room, in this case a big guitar-hero set-up).

Well, I throw it, he picks a loop, and I pull it away to show he lost... and it catches. I must have made a mistake, but no problem- I have another chance.

I throw it again, and it catches. Suddenly I realize it's been so long since I've done the routine I CANNOT REMEMBER THE FALSE-CATCH THROW!!!

Ha!

Well, I'm in a pickle. Cannot just stop (they would hate me) but don't want to lose. So...

I announced that this wasn't a magic trick, and wasn't about winning or losing- it was about learning a valuable life lesson. I threw the chain but kept repeating the mantra "not about winning or losing, but about learning a valuable life lesson". He chose a loop...

If it had caught I would have said "congrats- you won three times in a row! But remember, this isn't about winning or losing, it's about learning a valuable life lesson. And that lesson is... never trust a stranger! What, you think I was actually going to give you that!" And then would have moved into something that had to do with his ability to guess so well.

But, as luck happened the loop didn't catch, and I had remembered how to throw it.

But man, was I laughing hard while it was going on (And they had NO IDEA WHY!).

Love,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Nothing like a possible beating at a bar-mitzvah lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Mildly amusing story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL