The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Final Load (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
What do you guys use to contain a multiple sponge ball final load in your pocket? For instance, if I wanted to produce a final load of 15 sponge balls in a chop cup, cups and balls, Benson bowl, etc.. is there something to use that would contain this load in the pocket for easy loading into your hand?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I use my pocket. I find this kind of load unwieldy for a cup or bowl routine, because of the way sponges work. But if I'm doing a multi sponge load for a sponge ball routine, that problem doesn't really exist. I just load my left jacket pocket with plenty of sponges.

For cups and balls -- use a gimmick such as Eric Lewis describes in Martin's Miracles for the dice cup trick. Harder to do with a Benson bowl.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Well, for a Benson Bowl for instance, if I need to ditch one sponge ball and load a ton of others from the same pocket, I was wondering if there is some kind of hold-out that can be used to facilitate this.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Roberto Giobbi had a video some time back. It was one of his lectures. He did a Benson Bowl routine with multiple sponge balls as his final load. Perhaps someone here would remember. I wish I could. This should be of help as it was quite a routine, and the lecture part was well explained as Giobbi always does.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 12:05, Corbett wrote:
Well, for a Benson Bowl for instance, if I need to ditch one sponge ball and load a ton of others from the same pocket, I was wondering if there is some kind of hold-out that can be used to facilitate this.

I can't necessarily speak for a Benson Bowl routine, but in my stand-up sponge ball routine, I use no holdout. I wear flat front dress slacks and load from my front pocket. Pleated slacks give the pocket too much room and creates fumbling. It should be a simple matter to pickup a ball or balls from the table and place them under the bowl, along with the load.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
In his present lecture notes, Michael Ammar describes a loader for the final phase of the appearance of several sponge rabbits.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Yes, I've seen Michael's new lecture recently (great, by the way) and saw the holdout you refer to, but I am looking for something for 10-15 balls, not just a few little bunnies.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I wonder if you used a clothes pin, or a large paper clip wrapped with tape, fastened to the bottom of your pocket, could you clip a stack? Or maybe, wrap them all in a piece of cloth, with the ends held with a clip. If you placed the cloth's center on the table, it might wind up being covered with the balls.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tried the new "Egg Dropper"?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=54&5

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
cchesmark
View Profile
New user
Houston
33 Posts

Profile of cchesmark
I've been trying to solve a similar problem. I love having a final sponge ball load of 12 or so balls when performing it strolling, but I hate to lose the pocket space. I've been trying to come up with a good answer to the problem for about a year to no avail. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chad
Chad Chesmark / Corporate & Cruise Ship Magician & Mentalist
www.ChadChesmark.com
Magician in Houston, Texas
https://texasschoolshows.com/MAGICIAN-IN-HOUSTON
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Chad - chinos and dress pants tend to have pocket shaped in a sort of triangle. The top corner near your zipper it typically snapped in such a way that 15 or so 1" sponge balls can be fit into that space. Jeans don't have this space.

Hudson.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Also using a back pocket just for this as a special load can solve the problem, since you probably don't use the back pockets for very many other purposes, they are out of sight beneath your jacket so bulges don't show, and you can even invert a special pocket to deliver the load out of the bottom of the pocket directly into your hand without any "digging" motions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Final Load (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL