The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » DJ Hero Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Hi all,
I noticed that the new DJ Hero that is coming out on Tuesday is available in a "Renegade Edition" that includes a hardshell case that converts into a table. I'm wondering if this case will be available seperately. If the game and case/table combined runs around $200, maybe the case alone will be reasonbly priced. I'm not into video games, but if any of you happen to buy this, could you give me an opinion of the case? Can it be emptied and used for magic?

Thanks,
Keith

Pics of stand:
http://www.netweed.com/prohiphop/graf2/d......tand.jpg
http://www.gameguru.in/images/dj-hero-re......-001.jpg
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is a nice looking case. Just wondering whether anyone bought and used it before?
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Interesting.. if the case does sell alone, that would be a nice street table!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Anyone hear any more on this?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Its been released.
I read a review which said that the stand was quite wobbly with the legs screwed in. Nice but no cigar.
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Thanks "iugefu"!
Sorry it didn't pan out as a viable table, but good to know rather than to persue it further.

Keith
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Keith,

I own the Renegade Edition of DJ Hero. Let me give a personal review of the case for you as a professional DJ as well as a magician.

The case is durable and well made. ALMOST as good of quality as a regular flight case for real turntables. When you take the lid off and remove the custom foam insert for the DJ controller, you will see that there is a hard shell lining that constricts what could be put in there. (The space is actually made for the legs to go in) I am sure that the case can be hollowed out and re-designed for whatever you wanted to put in there.

Does it wobble? A little bit. But if you are using it to just maintain props, this shouldn't be a problem. I put a close up pad on mine, the longer type of course, and practice some stuff at home on this thing. Also note, the legs are adjustable.

Note: the top of the case DOES say: DJ HERO Renegade Edition on it, so if you are gonna use it for a gig, I would put something over it...lol

Hope this helps!

Mike

PM me if you want me to snap some specific pics for ya!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Mike,
If you feel the pics I have provided represent the case well, then no others are necessary. Of course if you see something else... Anyhow, what is the available space in 3 dimensional inches that is left when the legs are packed in the case?

Keith
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
SHEESH...Now I have to do some work!!! Smile

Just kidding...I will try to post additional images for you with dimensions later today.

If not, then tomorrow! Smile

Mike
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Please post them here Mike, so we can all see....thanks
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
As a DJ who owns and loves the game... it just makes me smile to see this post on the Café'. Good idea and great thinking!
-DJ
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I'll be playing this tommorow morning!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2009-12-24 11:20, Maloney wrote:
I'll be playing this tommorow morning!

IMHO it is one of the hardest music (Hero) games on the market. Great sound track and awesome game... just really hard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » DJ Hero Case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL