The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Which dealer is still carrying Randy Woodbury's Base Book ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Which dealer is still carrying Randy Woodbury's Base Book ? Any one have any idea?.

Thanks

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I bought mine from Denny & Lee. Of course, this was a few years ago. If you haven't tried there yet, that's where I would check.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-06-12 11:02, M-Illusion wrote:
I bought mine from Denny & Lee. Of course, this was a few years ago. If you haven't tried there yet, that's where I would check.

Is Denny & Lee reliable? In other words how good is the dealer ?

Secondly, is this book content good?
Symmatrix

I made a search with Denny & Lee but it seems like they have discontinued it..

Symmatrix

Symmatrix Magic
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
It is an "okay" book - it basically pulls quite a bit of information that was already in Rand's other books into one place.

Do you have a specific base need, or are you looking to get it for general education purposes?

I feel it is better for expanding your knowledge than actually treating as a "workshop manual."

--- Guy
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Well, basically I am looking for different kind of base for knowledge first and later part to apply to whatever design I want to do.

OK!!! Here is another question I would like to ask.

If I got the Illusion videos from Randy Woodbury, would that be covered in what the book had?

Thanks
Symmatrix

Symmatrix Magic
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
No, I don't think so. I remember the "Base Book" was delayed in release many times. I was somewhat disappointed when it arrived. It is very short compared to the other books that Rand has published. I have seen it for sale on several used book lists. It is not that scarce.
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
The videos (video 1 or 2, can't remember right now) do have a very good step by step "build your own utility base" in there. They do not, however, tackle the variety that the Base Book does. (And that is not saying a great deal, as the base book is pretty thin.)

The base book examines a limited number of base approaches from a "cross section" point of view.

You would, in theory, take this knowledge and design your own bases from it. There is a great deal of the varied steps of "black and chrome" type designs in there, so be forewarned.

--- Guy
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I beg to differ, I think the book is great and informative, although the 'packaging' could be better.

I think the book is out of print, so you might want to try some second hand book dealer.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-06-12 14:15, Alex Tan wrote:
I beg to differ, I think the book is great and informative, although the 'packaging' could be better.

I think the book is out of print, so you might want to try some second hand book dealer.

Thanks Alex for the information,

Symmatrix

Symmatrix Magic
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Quote:
On 2003-06-12 14:15, Alex Tan wrote:

Out of curiosity, are you differing with me? Smile If so, I'm wondering with what part do you disagree?

--- Guy
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Guy,

No, not you. I was differing with Kendrix when he said that he's disappointed with the book.

Anyway it's only my opinion.
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
I wasn't looking to pick a fight, simply attempting to communicate clearly. Thanks for the clarification!

--- Guy
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I just bought the base book from Abbott's.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
So they are still around if you look hard enough, just like most things.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
403 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
I have the base book

Contact me.

Regards
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
The MagicWareHouse still sells the base book by Rand Woodbury I think. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Which dealer is still carrying Randy Woodbury's Base Book ? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL