The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The best IT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
I just ordered Mr. Fearson's Master Lev System. I know it comes with highly rated IT. Does anyone know of any other IT that is REALLY invisible? I've heard you can make some great homemade IT, but the product name is unclear to me. Some have said it's called "Wholly Nylon 1000," others with an alternate spelling. The clerk at Michael's and at Joann's Fabrics had no clue what I was asking about.

Thanks.
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Woolly Nylon...not sure whether the "1000" refers to anything but lenght. Never tried it though.

Frankly, as far as you use thread, its never REALLY invisible. The only thing that makes it "really" invisible is that you know what conditions are good for the thread, when it can be seen, and based on your knowledge of the thread decide whether you perform an IT effect in a given situation or not.
Sent from my Typewriter
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Hey mv:

Well, I was given my first batch of IT from a friend I've totally lost track of, and it was REALLY invisible, at most angles although not in broad daylight or against a white shirt. But awfully amazing.

Do you dod a lot of IT magic? Any recommendations for IT or for IT effects?

Thanks,

P
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
No, I wouldn't say I do a lot of IT stuff, but a fair share certainly. Usually I float a bill or a napkin or a sponge ball. And Floating Rose of course, highly recommend it.

As for thread, I use 3 different threads. Spider pen is very handy with good thread-it is worth getting certainly. For floating rose I use the thread that comes with it and Kevin sells for it, also use it ocasionally for other effects. The third thread I got with a floating, self-folding bill from a sale ages ago and I have no idea what thread it is, but its very easy to strip and very very usable in many situations.
Sent from my Typewriter
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Thanks mucho.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The best IT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL