The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Performance Workshop, Jan. 18-20 with Bob Fitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Phillips
View Profile
New user
Maryland
8 Posts

Profile of Mark Phillips
Bob Fitch will be giving a special 3 day performance workshop, January 18-20, 2010 in the Washington DC suburb of Gaithersburg, MD.

Bob received the Magic Castle's Lifetime Achievement award last year and had a stellar career on Broadway, performing in 26 shows and originating the villianous Rooster in Broadway's "Annie." When it comes to teaching magicians stagecraft and performance techniques used at the highest, professional levels, no one is better qualified than Bob. Past workshop participants include Paul Gertner, Giovanni, Bob Sheets, Gene Anderson, Bill Malone and many other stars of magic. He has helped these top magicians move to a higher level of performance and he can do the same for you.

The classes in Bob's workshop are highly participatory; you learn by doing, not just listening or thinking. In addition to the classes, each participant will have a 90 minute performance session in which they perform a routine and recieve direction from Bob to further apply techniques learned throughout the workshop.

And finally a personal message from Bob,
"In this 3 day Workshop, I hope to help you understand how people see you, hear you and ultimately how they perceive you. For if you know how they perceive you, you will better able to interact with them and better able to control their focus. In short, a better communicator equals a better entertainer. Besides the personal one-on-one coaching, we will spend time on Entrances/Exits/Bows and Blocking. We'll work on Breathing/Speaking/Stretching and Vocal Warmups, as well as exploring concepts of your Character/Scripting/Truths and the Dynamics of your performance.

No matter how long we have been performing, we come to realize that we may need a tune-up, i.e. a shot in the arm. An outside eye can help to elevate your best qualities. Let our Workshop put YOU back into your performance."

This special 3 day workshop is limited to 6 participants; only two slots remain. The fee for the workshop is $975. To apply or for further information, please contact:

Mark Phillips
mark@thinairproductions.com
301-231-6933
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wish I could go.

Bob gave a workshop at a convention I attended once.

I was sleep deprived (late night card sessions) and the lecture wasn't very long but my act was improved for having see it.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Performance Workshop, Jan. 18-20 with Bob Fitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL