The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Ace 'Ace Cutting' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Ok, getting back on track...

I do love a nice bit of ace cutting, and, if Andy is to be believed (ordinary deck, no crimps, no slicks etc etc), I frankly have no idea how the hell this is done! It does look brilliant though. Possibly the best I've seen. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/user/AndyHallCard......YLEzNA_8
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very well done.Looks impossible.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In God we Trust.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Looks like a breather crimp to me.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I saw this when it was video when he first put it up and have been loosing sleep ever since! I'm certainly no expert on Ace cutting routines but the use of a breather doesn't seem to fit!

The guy does a hellava job negating every method I know of!
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
How does the use of a breather not seem to fit?

Try it out. Make a breather crimp on 4 cards, shuffle the deck, cut to the 4 cards - piece of cake.

I'm neglecting to see any discrepancy that would indicate it's anything but a crimp of some sort.

I guess maybe the discrepancy is his claim that it's impromptu and doesn't use any crimps, but come on guys, you're smarter than that.
euro76
View Profile
New user
Toronto
30 Posts

Profile of euro76
Wow it is very nice move.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Andy is a great guy. Very good work. He is a member here.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Come on pals, many ways to do that! Breathers is possibly the easiest one.

You know guys, there are many possibilities to put a breather, you can use breathers on the fly for instance. Don't always think about the ugly version you can watch in Vernon's vids, there are very nice methods...

If you want, I can show you videos with absolutely invisible breathers (but I won't teach it).
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think we ought not talk openly about how a magic trick is done.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
It's not a magic zone here.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Ahhhh man, I'm feeling pretty embarrassed at the moment! I reckon this shows I'm no expert at crimpage either! Back to the books for me!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So what?

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
So, when magicians wanna talk about magic tricks in a gambling area, no one knows what can occur lol.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 07:51, AMcD wrote:
Come on pals, many ways to do that! Breathers is possibly the easiest one.

You know guys, there are many possibilities to put a breather, you can use breathers on the fly for instance. Don't always think about the ugly version you can watch in Vernon's vids, there are very nice methods...

If you want, I can show you videos with absolutely invisible breathers (but I won't teach it).

Is there anywhere in print or DVD that you can direct us to learn how to put in a breather on the fly in front of the spectators?
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Nothing I'm aware of Smile. Among the ones I use some have been grabbed "live" (true play) and one has been devised by myself.

If I remember well, some old magic books have a few pages on slick cards, breather and so on though. Say before 1960 Smile.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 11:46, AMcD wrote:
Among the ones I use some have been grabbed "live" (true play)

Arnold,
For those of us who are only half smart (at best!), you mean you saw someone use it in a game or while performing effects and you deducted the method? If so, was it pretty obvious, or did you just get lucky and catch a flash?
Inquiring minds want to know!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well if that's what Armold means then Arnold is dreaming. Smile

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 08:20, tommy wrote:
I think we ought not talk openly about how a magic trick is done.

I agree with Tommy here. And for Andy's sake, if you think you have it, don't tip it.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
I disagree. The performer is claiming it's totally impromptu and is done with an entirely ordinary deck. In my opinion, by having that exaggerated disclaimer, it makes it acceptable to scrutinize what's really going on - he's basically asking for it. If he hadn't made that disclaimer, I wouldn't have bothered to say anything.

I guess a good analogy here is a video of someone walking on thin air and claiming it's gimmick-less and 100% impromptu - of course people are going to call shenanigans.

Needless to say, it was a fantastic performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Ace 'Ace Cutting' (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL