The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How would you describe ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I would like to tap on the minds of silk workers here for my own silk magic research. Thanks for the help.

How would you describe the 'fountain silk' effect to the lay public? What do you think is in the mind of the audience when they see the 'fountain silk' performed?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
How about " a cascading cavalcade of colors spilling from the hands of the conjurer" or "silks bubble forth from empty hands into a spilling silken fountain with a rainbow of colors" or "capturing the rainbow in silken scarfs" or "a seemlessly endless cascade of silks in a rainbow of colors from the hands".

Just a couple of ideas.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Richard. I will quote and credit you in my research notes for the description above.

Any other ideas will be quoted and credited too. Thanks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Richard had to write the script for the movie Blazing Saddles! Reread the description.

It is a great description.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I agree with you, Bob. His description is amazing.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
He should work for Ringling Brothers. I can see him in the center ring: "A supple source for a seemingly superfluous display of verbal dexterity rarely visited upon this earth to amuse and mystify those of common origins" LOL...well done Richard!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
A l bloom of silks develops (appears) at the magician's fingertips -- expanding into a myriad of colors as they open as magical petals ---
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 08:05, hugmagic wrote:
How about " a cascading cavalcade of colors spilling from the hands of the conjurer" or "silks bubble forth from empty hands into a spilling silken fountain with a rainbow of colors" or "capturing the rainbow in silken scarfs" or "a seemlessly endless cascade of silks in a rainbow of colors from the hands".

Just a couple of ideas.

Richard

You talk funny! Smile
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I should hope so....
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think it is the old Gene Gordon influence. Gene could really work the alliterations in his name of tricks or such. He is one that dubbed me the "Flower Fakir".

Yeah maybe a little circus and carny rubbed off also. As I love the circus also.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 12:47, chmara wrote:
A l bloom of silks develops (appears) at the magician's fingertips -- expanding into a myriad of colors as they open as magical petals ---

Thanks for the description, chmara. I'll also quote and credit you in my research papers.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just remember Karrell Fox used to call it the blooming cabbage. One year at the Abbott Get together, he was spoofing the acts. He had me put together a fountain made of old bath towels. You had to see it. It was a hout!.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Richard, I presume the towels are in different colors. I wish I could see that routine performed by him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How would you describe ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL