The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Engagement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I was called by a client, informing me that he would be proposing to his girlfriend Sunday. He wants me to help him out. He is paying me to approach them at a restaurant, and perform magic. He saw in the past the ring and string trick. His explanation exactly " Where two people hold onto the ring and a silk is put over the string and a ring appears on it". He wants to meet me in the bathroom, give me the ring. Then He wants me to approach his table and do this trick. Just wondering which version to play with? Also how do I present my own ring (his) into this trick. Usually you borrow a ring from someone else and it appears on the string. Just wondering if you could help me out!!!!
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
693 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Tarbell version might be good for this with a different ending or even just elminating the ending used in Tarbell as she'd be taken aback after seeing the ring in the first place. You might consider another effect though, that leads into him giving her the ring himself.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
You could start with your ring and end up with their ring. Transposition rather than appearance.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9086 Posts

Profile of funsway
Off the top of my head, I would use a silver cord and demonstrate an ancient bonding ritual that was "sort of magical." Get the girl to extend her hand palm down and tie the cord around her hand. Now have him place his hand beneath hers and grasping it lightly. Tie the cord around his hand also with a bow. Finish your story with how traditionally the man might have to leave town for a while and have him untie his loop. She is left with the cord and the engagement ring tied to her palm -- only discovered when she goes to untie the cord.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
You just have to make sure, the girls gets that she is being asked to marry him! If there's just an appearing ring or a transformation of rings it might not be clear enough...so whatever you end up doing, walk it thru with your client so it goes smoothly.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Engagement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL