The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
So I just got Iforce yesterday from the app store and I must say wow, what a great program!

so I was wondering has anyone cam up with some interesting ideas for the presets, or maybe some cool presentations?

here is one of mine...
I ask a spectator to imagine herself taking a trip to anyone of of the 7 continents..
I draw a prediction on the iphone doodle app.
exit the app and place the phone face down..
then I ask her what contintent did she visit... and bamn! I reveal the prediction accordingly..
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
You can even do the planets.. Smile
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow weapon . . .

You're already being very creative with iForce.

I think we should use your thread as a sharing resource for other ideas.

Greg Rostami
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Thanks alot! The possibilities are endless..

just remember there are 8 planets in our solar system.. Pluto recently was discovered not to be a planet.. hmmm 8 seems like a good number! ::wink::

I'm very curious to hear the ideas of others! so keep them coming!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi weapon,

I just posted this on another thread on the Café. So I thought I should post this for you here as well.

Here is something REALLY COOL that you can do with the 3 coin preset. I do this with 3 old style quarters (the ones with the eagle on the tail side).

I put my left hand face down on the table and ask them to put the coins, one at a time under my hand, while I look away.

Every time they slide the coin under my hand I reposition it while saying, "I'll put this all the way to the left, so we'll have room for the other coins."

Under the cover of my hand, I rub the top of the coin with my right index finger to FEEL if it's heads or tails.

After the last coin, I immediately flip the iPhone over, and very DRAMATICALLY raise my left hand off the table to show the coins.

Greg Rostami
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
This is a repost from another thread:

Here's an idea just in time for a Halloween party:

Ask your victim if they happen to know their blood type.

If they do, you show that you knew it as well.

"You smelled like an AB-," you say as you lick your lips, exposing the barest flash of fangs as you do so.

:devilish:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
YEAH Philemon,

Thanks for reminding me of that one. Just in time for Halloween.

While we're on the Halloween topic . . .

You ask, "Of all the scary movies during Halloween, who scared you the most? Freddy, Jason, etc . . .

Keep em coming guys . . . this is great.
Greg Rostami
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I've been doing a coin thing, predicting a coin in someone's pocket, or that they think of. Luckily, there are 4 main coins that people carry here in the US, a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter. I have 50 cent and $1 options, just in case someone tries to get smart.

I had an idea that would probably work well for kids, having them choose their favorite of the 7 Dawrfs. You can add Snow White as an 8th option. Heck, for girls, you could probably have a preset full of various Disney Princesses. I'd wager you could make a preset with all of the common ones.

I've also been having great success with revealing whatever day of the week someone is thinking of.

Loving this app!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I just got back from the Apple store. I LOVE performing iForce for Apple store employees.

I had them point at any Apple product they wanted to in the store, either computer or iPod . . . In fact I made the preset while I was standing there, it took less then 2 mins and I sorted all Apple products from small to large.

Surprisingly all the Apple store employees think I'M doing the magic and the iPhone is just "Pen-n-Paper". That is just so weird for me. I would have thought that THEY would be the first ones to suspect the iPhone, but the way that I present it, they don't have a clue.

Ok, since we're exchanging ideas, I'm gonna tip another one of my favorite presets. This is something I showed Kevin when we where in NY. I want to share this with everyone.

Months of the year . . . How do you get 12 months to fit in 8 spots?! Here is the patter:

"I want you to think of the month of your birth. Really concentrate . . . I'm having a tough time with this one . . . concentrate on the FIRST LETTER PLEASE."

So my preset is (in order of appearance)
J, Feb, M, A, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec

Jan, June, July are all "J"
March & May are "M"
April & August are "A"

So I have a 5 out of 12 chance of getting the whole month. If you present this right, it gets great reactions; especially because it's personal information.
BTW . . . Girls REALLY like the month performance. Smile

Greg Rostami
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
You can do this with astrological signs as well:

A - Aries, Aquarius
Taurus
Gemini
C - Cancer, Capricorn
L - Leo, Libra
Virgo
S - Scorpio, Sagittarius
Pisces
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I've always used a pocket index for the close-up version of my own "Duplicity" effect. That pocket index is now officially retired. IForce is cleaner and less of a hassle.

And judging by the way this thread is going, some greedy b@st@rd is going to ask this eventually, so it might as well be me: Greg, any plans for a 12-out version?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Quin,

The answer to your question is:

Yes . . . think more . . . MUCH MORE!!

Greg Rostami
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
If your doing the Planet effect... here is a nice mneumonic!

Remember that Mercury is small and fast so it is the FIRST of the two "M" planets.
My M = Mercury
Very V = Venus
Easy E = Earth
Method M = Mars
Just J = Jupiter
Speeds S = Saturn
Up U = Uranus
Names N = Neptune

My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Names....

again Pluto isn't a planet
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
All these ideas are phenomenal . . .

I just posted this on another thread on the Café, but here's another quick tip.

When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Something else I haven't tried yet, but just thought of and created the preset for: an impeccably clean, no-fuss version of Dr. Bill's "Subliminally Squared." It's a little tight fitting it on the screen, but it does work, and turning it to landscape orientation helps. Look forward to trying it out tonight.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
waso
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of waso
Fortunately it has enough spots for Euro coins:

1c
2c
5c
10c
20c
50c
1€
2€
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you so much for that post waso,

Now our European friends can add a new "Coins" Preset to their iForce.

Greg Rostami
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just used iForce as a Mental Epic force tonight at my daughter's birthday party. I used an 8 sided die and before anyone rolled I said that I was going to write one of the predictions before I let anyone know what I was doing. Then I load the 1-8 number preset and table the iPhone.

On the first piece of paper I write my prediction, "(Name of last person) will roll what I wrote on my iPhone". So this becomes my "known force" that I really don't even know yet.

I have 2 or 3 people roll the dice as I write down predictions beforehand and put the paper in a cup as per the standard Mental Epic method. The last person is taken care of with the iForce.

This played very well tonight.
Click to visit:
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow Dan . . .

Holly mixing methods Batman . . . iForce and One-Ahead . . . Wowzers!!

You can tell by Dan's ingenious thinking that he's a working pro.

LOVE IT,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello Jedi friends that use the iForce,

The first of the three missing videos went up last night.

Please make sure you scroll down the video list to see all 8 videos . . . The first video is the iForce Teaser video and the other 7 are instruction videos.

I'm going to finish the other 2 videos by tonight.

I'm very very sorry about the delay, but there's been so much going on in my life these days. By tonight everyone will have ALL the instruction videos.

take care,
Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL