The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I just came up with a cool preset. You have to draw a rough picture of yourself (doesn't even resemble you) on all the side spots, and on one side put a dot on your wrist, and on the other put a dot on your ankle. Before you perform draw a dot on your real wrist or ankle. Then open doodle, start the preset, and draw the picture of yourself. Show them the picture, then hold the phone face down. Ask them to tap the screen in a random spot, and when they do, act like you felt something tap your wrist. Then flip over the phone, and show the preset image with the dot on the wrist. Finally reveal the dot you drew on your wrist.

VERY COOL! Kinda like a Voodoo doll effect!!

G Ro
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi can someobe tell me how many different presets can you register on the app please ?
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
I posted this in another forum, but realized that some users here had provided a solution to one of the problems I was facing, so I am re-posting here and hope that someone would be kind enough to provide a solution to the other 2 problems I am facing:

I just downloaded iForce on my iPhone SE running ios 11.3 but have the following problems which I need help with:

1. The fake screen has a black bar at the top which I can't figure out why as the screenshot does not have a black bar (see image). HELP STILL NEEDED!

2. The 3-finger swipe to access the Springboard requires more than 1 swipe more than 80% of the time! This makes the move look highly suspicious. SOLVED! Thanks to earlier post in this forum!

3. None of the instruction/demo videos work! HELP STILL NEEDED!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Ew

Click here to view attached image.
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2017, qkeli wrote:
Hi can someobe tell me how many different presets can you register on the app please ?

You can customize up to 8 presets.
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Karl Hein has a great idea in his at the table lecture
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2018, The_Mediocre_Gatsby wrote:
Karl Hein has a great idea in his at the table lecture

Could you describe the effect?
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
He talks about it in conjunction with an effect using his Heiny 500 gimmick. It's less an effect and an idea he has about using equivoque and iForce to create a bulletproof process which feels incredibly free, but allows you to have predicted exactly the choices a spectator might make. The lecture is quite good overall, but that one idea is worth at least 10x the lecture price. If you get the lecture and want to hear my ideas for it, PM me and I'll happily share.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Thanks for the info!
Philzimt
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Philzimt
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, patapon wrote:!

3. None of the instruction/demo videos work! HELP STILL NEEDED!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Ew

I have the same problem with the videos not working.
I think Greg moved his URL and now the video links are dead. Did you find a solution?
Philzimt
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Philzimt
Licence to Force
Here is another idea:
You start with some trivia about James Bond.
When the first movie came out, how many movies there have been, how many of the villains where played by German Actors, etc.
The idea is to suggest, that there is a lot of stuff to know about James Bond. (It will also later help you establish how you used the trivia to secretly influence your spectator, if you so whish)

Now ask the spectator to think of a James Bond Actor, that they think you do not think that they would think of. 😁
Point out, that most people will go for Sean Connery, so they may choose to reconsider.
Then mention, that you may have said this to throw them off and go for second most popular choice, Daniel Craig. Or to go for the least known one, David Niven (I like to hint to Niven, because it gives the impression that there may be more unknown Bond actors like Niven and hence the choice of Bond actors bigger than it really is).

Actually as of now there where only 7 actors.
I set them up like this:

Slow reveal:
Sean Connery (1962–1967, 1971, 1983)
Roger Moore (1973–1985)
Pierce Brosnan (1995–2002)
Daniel Craig (2006–present)

Fast reveal:
David Niven (1967)
George Lazenby (1969)
Timothy Dalton (1987–1989)
Goldfinger, (Miracle reveal)

Point out that they believe, that they have a totally free choice, although you are using some secret psychological techniques, developed by the MI6 to select and manipulate your asset (spectator). After informing the spectators about this, allow themto change their mind. Point out, that if they do not change their mind they will later ask themselves, what would have happened if. Now have them reveil which actor they thought of.

Give the spectator a general personality reading based on the chosen actor.
e.g.
Connery = firm, does not get distracted
Lazenby = original,
Dalton = classic, sophisticated, probably loves theater
Niven = good sense of humor
etc. …

Reveal your prediction.

Now as you notice, there have currently only been seven Bond actors.
So I use the eight preset to aim for a miracle.
If the spectator’s thought of actor is — against my strong advice — Connery, I will give a quick reading and then ask, if the choice was actor based or movie based. Either way I will ask which movie comes to mind. If the answer is Goldfinger, I point out that since 1962 more than 20 Bond movies have been produced (25, if you like the exact number). That Connery played in seven of them. That I strongly discouraged your spectator from choosing Connery and that thererfore Goldfinger should have been totally ruled out.

Then I reveal Goldfinger.

If the spectator does not think of Goldfinger, I simply reveal Connery.
Philzimt
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Philzimt
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I just came up with a cool preset. You have to draw a rough picture of yourself (doesn't even resemble you) on all the side spots, and on one side put a dot on your wrist, and on the other put a dot on your ankle. Before you perform draw a dot on your real wrist or ankle. Then open doodle, start the preset, and draw the picture of yourself. Show them the picture, then hold the phone face down. Ask them to tap the screen in a random spot, and when they do, act like you felt something tap your wrist. Then flip over the phone, and show the preset image with the dot on the wrist. Finally reveal the dot you drew on your wrist.

VERY COOL! Kinda like a Voodoo doll effect!!

G Ro

I like the idea a lot! This is how I adapted it. I have a voodoo doll scribble preset with a pin📌 in the head, arms, legs, feet and stomach. For the performance I scribble a voodoo doll in the stile of the preset. Then I flip the phone and ask the spectator to pin any part of the body. If the spectator places the pin in the right wrist, as an extra kicker I reveil the dot mark on my own wrist.

Note: I found it useful to define beforehand which side of the scribbled voodoo doll is left, and which is right so there is no confusion afterwards („oh, you meant „mirror left‘“)
@Greg I cannot get the Videos to work. How can I best reach out to you for help?
Philzimt
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Philzimt
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2009, Greg Rostami wrote:

P.S. Has anybody here had a chance to look at the instruction videos that come with iForce. I would really like to know what you think of them. Since all the videos are online, it's pretty easy for me to change them at will.

Can you please make them available again? 🙏🙏🙏
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL