The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Watch Crystal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I just saw the demo for this trick and it's exactly the same trick as Ghost Glass. I prefer Ghost Glass because it's with cards. I find this is trick a bit lame. Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Lame? Do you own it? No, based on your post. Have you tested it out on laymen? No, obviously. So, how can you speculate about this effect? Why are cards better? I personally think it great when we come across effects that don't involve cards.

The bad thing about Ghost Glass is it makes no sense to use glass and cards. What the heck is the "tie in" there?

With the Watch Crystal you have credible patter and all the props go well together. I find the watch crystal props look much better and actually provide a better trick and a more powerful one at that.

Card revelations....they get old.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
No, I haven't tested this trick on laymen, but to my point of view, it sucks. I think doing things with cards is just the way to go with me. Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
A question about both Ghost Glass and Watch Crystal - is there much "turnaround time" in setting them up for different results at different tables?

Thanks,

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I know that Ghost Glass only does two selections. I don't know about Watch Crystal. Smile
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
No turn around time on either. Just go.
cat26
View Profile
Regular user
Manitoba, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of cat26
I have the same thing on a 2 inch round mirror. Turnaround time is as quick as you want.......do it yourself or let it happen naturally. Cheers.......
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The trick itself seems good. I may even get my next pair of lenses for regular eye-wear treated to do the trick.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Im a little confused about the statement that ghost glass is only for card revelations.I have it and the only limit on what it can be used for is your imagination! Mindreading or any kind of mentalism for one thing.How about on a first date having it appear on a wine glass? Think about the evil uses Penn& Teller would use it for.
Go for it!!!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Watch Crystal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL