The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy mentalist with puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I know everybody talks about Steve Spills mind reading goose and I would love to buy this effect but I cant stretch to the 1500 price tag.

Just wondered if there was another effect simular but cheaper ?

Cheers guys
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3378 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Bill Abbott has his Mind Reading monkey routine called Chicko. Most suppliers sell it. There was also a puppet sock routine with cards I think from a member of the Café from Europe. Can't remember the name, perhaps someone else could chime in. By the sounds of other threads there's already a ton of people doing Spill's routine so its been perhaps over exposed. Perhaps its best to come up with your own ideas and something that suits your personality.
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I have been partnered with Bill A's Chico the mind reader. He has learned several different effects and new jokes & gags as well. The puppet(a Folkmanis monkey) and the fez can be found at a good price on E@ay most of the props @ Dollar Tree.
Happy hunting and have fun!
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I will either go down the chico route or get a puppet from axtell and make my own routine , might struggle with ventriloquism tho.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3378 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Most of these puppet mentalism routines are silent so you don't have to be a ventriloqist to achieve them. The comedy comes from the actions of the puppet, for example, finding the thought of card (use a force deck). Another nice comical snake basket routine using a mouse in a garbage can, is available on the Nigelmagic.com site, a lot could be built around that prop. Hope this helps!
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2009-11-01 22:48, takeachance wrote:
Most of these puppet mentalism routines are silent so you don't have to be a ventriloqist to achieve them. The comedy comes from the actions of the puppet, for example, finding the thought of card (use a force deck). Another nice comical snake basket routine using a mouse in a garbage can, is available on the Nigelmagic.com site, a lot could be built around that prop. Hope this helps!

Thanks much appreciated

Carl
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
That does look good so does the snake one , rather pricy tho.

cheers for that take a chance
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
There is an inexpensive puppet rabbit in the hat (Browser's Den Toronto may be one source)...you could talk to Brad Burt about Terry Lunceford's snake in basket.
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
243 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have a mind reading Moose that Farts out his answers, not my idea but plays well to all ages.

John
Make Everyday Magical
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy mentalist with puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL