The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a good Magnetic Scotch & Soda (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm looking for a good Magnetic Scotch & Soda. Who makes one?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Johnson.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
It is called Magnetic Copper& Silver and has allot of good routines.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
TC,

Thanks for the suggestion, but looking for a "Magnetic Scotch & Soda.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Copper silver. Scotch and soda. Same thing just magnetic and not locking.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Just wondering, does anyone offer a magnetic version where the coins are half as thick and both sides of each coin show the coin face? In other words, each coin would look like a normal coin on both sides, except thinner if you look from the side. Actually I would probably prefer both coins be similar, like silver halves, for example. This I could get excited about...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I will Pm you with an idea I have
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
No one make true magnetic version of Scotch and Soda.

Tango makes a product called, "Magnetic Scotch and Soda English Penny" and Johnson makes a product called, "Magnetic Silver & Copper" but NONE of these are true Scotch & Sodas because these two products use a half dollar and an English penny, a real scotch & soda uses a half dollar and a CENTAVO. Older versions used a pre-civil war large cent.

The problem with the English penny is that it is the same size as a half dollar, where as a centavo is much smaller than a half dollar, a centavo (actually an old 20 centavo coin) is slightly bigger than a U.S. quarter.

The standard Scotch & Soda effect is a tactile effect, the English penny will not do the job because it is looks too big.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Mandarin, I'm not sure but maybe either the TUC by Tango or the 1.85 $ trick (also available in dollar size) are things you might like.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
If you can live with a Kennedy Half and English penny I still say the Johnson Magnetic Copper Silver is your best bet. It works like a Scotch and Soda but does not need a bang ring and can be re-set instantly.

Hope that helps.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
The magnetic scotch and soda shown on http://www.joemogar.com is the finest quality and is probably what you are looking for. All of the precision coins are handcrafted by a Master craftsman... Check them out.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
JMAGIC. that's great. Thanks Man.
eric50
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of eric50
Tsngo makes a magnetic scotch and soda available at hocus-pocus.com
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Remember... All magnetic Scotch and Soda coins are not created the same. Some are ok, some are good, and a few are the Best. And some are junk. It is your choice.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Jmagic -- Are you Joe Mogar? (Your member page gives his website.) If so, welcome to the Magic Café!

Cheers,
Jerry
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Jerry, I am Joe. All the Best to you and all the Café members. Have a Merry Christmas.
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
I can personally attest to the quality of the coins and service from Joe Mogar's site. The Morgan fli**er and [ set are all as good as the ones I have from Jamie, even better for my application. I have no affiliation with him except to be a very satisfied customer.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friend,

We make two versions, one with Mexican coin and one with English Penny, please consult our web site.

Bye
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I recieved a magnetic Tango scotch and soda english penny set in the mail today. It is a decent set but rather 'lightweight' compared to previous sets I have had. I will play with it a while and see how they go.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Roy Kueppers makes an excellent Scotch & Soda set, and can make a magnetic version as well. http://www.roykueppers.com is his website.

Also, I believe Gin & Tonic is the proper name for sets using an English penny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a good Magnetic Scotch & Soda (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL