The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Write Angle by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Here is another review copied from my blog at:
http://scottfguinn.blogspot.com/2009/10/......erg.html

REVIEW: WRITE ANGLE BY JESSE FEINBERG
Instructional DVD from Black's Magic, Approximately 50 minutes

Write Angle is the second of two DVDs by Jesse Feinberg that I purchased a couple of weeks ago (see my review of MAGICAP a few posts earlier) from Hocus-Pocus in Fresno, CA. This DVD, like the other, teaches a trick with a Bic Stic pen.

The effect: You hold a Bic pen at your fingertips, perpendicular to the ground. Your other hand gestures toward the pen and it begins to bend at a right angle--but get this: it is not the top of the pen that bends downward, but the bottom of the pen that bends upward! You immediately hand the pen out in its permanently altered state. And yes, you can write with it!

My opinion: So if you read my review of MAGICAP, you know that I was highly irritated by what I considered the too loud, annoying music track playing constantly in the background, often making it difficult to hear the soft-spoken Feinberg speak. I'm happy to say that, while the music runs constantly in this DVD, too, the levels are set much better. It is still louder than it should be IMHO--I think it should fade out completely or nearly so after the first couple of sentences in each segment. But at least I had no difficulty whatsoever hearing Jesse this time around, and the track itself is not nearly as monotonous as the one on MAGICAP.

The effect itself is very clear, strong, and magical, and should appeal to both mentalists and magicians. The handling is clean and straightforward, and accessible very quickly to all levels but a rank beginner.

You will need to gather a few items and do a little craft work. However, you likely already have all but one of the materials in your junk drawer. The esoteric item required is very inexpensive, and Feinberg gives you a source where you can purchase it. Gathering the required materials will probably take longer than the actual craft work, which is only a 4-5 minute investment of time.

I really like this effect. Write Angle is highly recommended for mentalists and magicians of all levels who perform in close-up environments.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Write Angle by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL