The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best table for table steals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Is there a table that is perfect for table steals (e.g. stealing dove or ... from table)

Martini
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Duan Laflin has a nice table for steals (silks, loads, silk fountains etc.) on his video "Silken Sequences and Steals"
I got my copy from Daytona Magic.

John
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I Steal many things from my table servante. For me it's not the table. I attach the servante to whichever table I'm using at the time.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22853 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What kind of steals are you stealing? It all depend on the item. There use to be a table top that could produce bottles, it was made by the defunct company 'Magic Hands" out of Germany. Many of the products are now being produced by Mephisto Huis out of Belgium.

An interesting table top is in the book 'Roy Benson by Starlight' very expensive book, but the table use front loading of coins, cigarettes, etc. I is also shown and demoed on the "Levent's Ultimate Guide to The Miser's Dream' 3 DVD set.

Most steals from a table have to be worked out for each kind of steal you intend to produce. The late Neil Foster used a decorated box on a table, from that he worked everyting out of, using the one ahead idea on steals. He could pick up a silk and steal a deck of cards at the same time, without obious movements due to the placement of the cards in the table. He also used gimmicked goblets for his cigarette steals and had genuis hanky steal for additional cigarettes.

Jason Brune (?) uses a front loading table with access do to the design of his table. Chen Kai uses his draped table as a topit. These methods use staging and placement as well as timing.

Hope this answers your question.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I thought these tables were cool from Mike Michael's. They are pricey but look awesome. I'm sure you can work with him to make a custom table that you could steal from.

Table Page: http://www.mikemichaels.net/html/tables.htm
Video: http://mikemichaels.net/table/

Good luck,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best table for table steals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL