The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Is this act for real or a comedic spoof? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
Here is a video I came across recently. I think it's for real, but I want to check if anybody knows this guy and give us the scoop on what's going on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00pTfhD4Vw

Is this a spoof? (I hope it is)
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Unfortunately, I think the guy is serious.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Wow !!
I sure hope that those guys are not really serious..
Both of them are terrible. After watching the first guy I had to go drink about a half a bottle of Pepto Bismal...
I'm not sure if I should thank you guys for sharing those or not...
Bob.
Rockabilly
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria, BC,
158 Posts

Profile of Rockabilly
Oh Boy...
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
OMG!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anybody know how to book these guys? I mean BOOK, like in ARREST.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Something tells me that the people posting on Marti Brills videos are Marti Brill himself. There's a whole thread on him I started somewhere on the Café.
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
I just watched that Marti Brill video from AGT, in which he edited it to look like Hasselhoff was praising him. In fact, it was Drew Thomas that Hasselhoff was praising.

That seems like a pretty slimy thing to do, and may border on illegal. I'm sure the show's producers and legal department wouldn't look favorably on it.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Ha, if he's going to cheat you'd have thought he'd have edited out the bored looking judges and dismissive audience. (Did he put in a cheering soundtrack over he top of it too? The sound didn't match the reaction)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-11-01 19:58, MrGreggy wrote:
Here is a video I came across recently. I think it's for real, but I want to check if anybody knows this guy and give us the scoop on what's going on here.

He certainly believes he is a good rock magician.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I am now embarrassed to admit that I lived in Miami for 30 years! Mr. Brill is about the most arrogant fool I have ever seen. That is utterly ho-hum magic!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 13:09, JamesTong wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-01 19:58, MrGreggy wrote:

He certainly believes he is a good rock magician.

And from his looks he also believes he is FISM material Smile
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
FISM?! He looks like he thinks he's Chippendale material. Maybe he could be a new guy in the Village People. Are there holes in his pants by his but*?
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
Yes Pizpor, Devlin's greatest assets are quite overexposed. Unfortunately, I was unable to avert my eyes in time, and as a result I spent the next 20 minutes rinsing my eyes out with a strong solution of bleach and vinegar.

His costume is not for the weak of heart.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
He should also sign up for the most *** wig contest.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
He insisted on fireproof flash paper.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Yo, Greg - it's good practise to name your sources for these things Smile WMF ahem.
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
Rupert, I'm not sure what you mean by "name your sources", and I don't know what "WMF ahem" means either. I feel so dumb.
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
I think I figured out what WMF means. Are you referring to WeeklyMagicFailure.blogspot.com? After reading your post, I started looking around and found that site. And there's Devlin!

Now that explains the "name your sources" comment also. I did not learn about Devlin from that web site, I think it was posted on somebody's facebook page. I don't remember exactly.

I am enjoying that blog however, what a hoot!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Is this act for real or a comedic spoof? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL