The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What Wireless Headset, Transmitter, Receiver? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
A school I used to work for , called, and wanted me to recommend a WIRELESS HEADSET, TRANSMITTER, AND RECEIVER, FOR THE SCHOOL. Since the current digital T.V. reg's---what would be a good choice of a major brand, (Shure, Sennheiser, etc...) that wouldn't break the bank? thanks for your time! Jimeuax
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I would highly recommend Shure and Sennheiser as far as the transmitter and receiver. I personally use a Shure PGX handheld wireless system and it works great for me. This system would be a low to mid range system as far as shure products go. Both brands are good, I went with Shure because I already had some Shure products and the mic heads are interchangeable. In my case this meant I could swap the SM58 mic head that came with my system for a Beta87A mic head that I already had.

As far as headset mics go, I have a friend (I'm his sound guy) that uses the countrymen E6 and it is pricey but works GREAT! I know there is a cheaper version out by another company, (Audio technica?) but I'm not sure of its sound quality. I do own a shure headset and it sounds great but is black and bulky compared to the Countrymen.

Good luck,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Unless there's a reason that you HAVE to have a tiny earset, look at the Sennheiser hyper-cardioid. it's cheap, no feedback, sounds excellent.

I've found the AT earset to be very prone to feedback.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I was suspicious of the Audio Technica headset myself, I'm not a big fan. I do like both Shure and Sennheiser.
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have two Audio Technica systems with Audio Technica headset and lapel mic. I have no problems with either.
Dennis Michael
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Sweetwater and Musician's friend have the Sennheiser Headset, Transmitter, and Receiver for about $650---does that sound about right?
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
I think this system scans for available frequencies----anyone know anything about it?????
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2225 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Sennheiser has 2 kinds of transmitter / receivers on the evolution series. Which is better: G2 or G3? The former is cheaper than the latter. Both work on 2 AA size batteries.
What I am using right now is Sennheiser G1 powered by 9V. Still works well but I also need to upgrade.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 00:06, Jimeuax wrote:
I think this system scans for available frequencies----anyone know anything about it?????

Hello, Jimeuax!
Just follow the system's instructions, and be sure to perform the scanning process beforr every soundcheck and before every show.
Dan McLean Jr
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 03:44, Lou Hilario wrote:
Sennheiser has 2 kinds of transmitter / receivers on the evolution series. Which is better: G2 or G3? The former is cheaper than the latter. Both work on 2 AA size batteries.
What I am using right now is Sennheiser G1 powered by 9V. Still works well but I also need to upgrade.

Lou,
The G3 is newer and better.
Dan McLean Jr
rattman
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of rattman
Sure has some great systems and sound great. you should get one that has multiple channels like the Shure PG14/PG185 Wireless Lavalier System with 10 selectable channels for $300 or for the best bet get one that can autoscan for open channels like the Shure ULXS1493 UHF Lavalier Wireless System that has Automatic Frequency Selection with 1400 channels for $700,

Both systems can work with Handset or lavalier or head set
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Yes, the Sennheiser has the same deal--where it scans a bunch of channels--I personally have Shure and Sennheiser mics---and like them both. $650 will take a big chunk out of their meager funds but it sounds like it will last them for a while. Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it. cheeers! Jimeuax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What Wireless Headset, Transmitter, Receiver? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL