The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Please please pleas.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
I love all the new effects and creativity that is being brought out by the emergence of new media. But please...If I have to watch another 2 minute intro to a thirty second effect I may barf...really.
When it started it was really cool, but it's time for a change...think slick, sleek and streamline. The next guys to do this well will be very successful (and I for one will be very thankful.)
I might seem like I'm just ranting (and the vent-quotient is high to be sure...) but the thing is - It's time!!! If we ignore this it's going to make us look as irrelevant as any moment in time/culture that has hung around too long.
Slick, sleek and streamline may not be the next thing...maybe it will be something different, but I can tell you the next thing cannot be more of the same thing because it's time for something new...

k.thx.bai
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I hear people say this but know one cites an example of what they are talking about. I would like to see an example of the demos that you are talking about.
P3
practice practice perform.
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 14:45, ted french wrote:
I hear people say this but know one cites an example of what they are talking about. I would like to see an example of the demos that you are talking about.

That would be stepping on quite a few toes. To be honest I can't think think of an example of anything released recently that isn't an example.
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
Do you guys ever ask your audience what they like instead of asking each other what they think the audience likes? Run a poll on your web sites and then consolidate Smile
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 00:51, ico wrote:
Do you guys ever ask your audience what they like instead of asking each other what they think the audience likes? Run a poll on your web sites and then consolidate Smile

Not sure how this relates to my point...other than to say that as magicians WE are the audience/market for these tricks and DVDs...

In any case if everyone's happy with the cliche' lay on Macduff...lay on....
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I seriously doubt that there is many demos with 2 minute intros for 30 second effects. I understand your complaint but don't just make stuff up.
P3
practice practice perform.
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 08:26, ted french wrote:
I seriously doubt that there is many demos with 2 minute intros for 30 second effects. I understand your complaint but don't just make stuff up.

Ted...it's called hyperbole. It's used to make a point. Of course I could stand up at a magic show and say, "He's lying...he's not really magic." But I think people would point and laugh. or at the very least be annoyed and embarrassed for me.

You do all realize you're fighting to hold on to a style that is becoming tired right? I mean is it really so important to remain firmly entrenched in this style? Are you still wearing your hair feathered and a neon pink sport coat with a yellow t shirt underneath?

Do you love cliche' so much that you wish to become one?

Eh.... fair enough. Them that have eyes will read....
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 06:26, funsway wrote:
Try this one ...

http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/......tles.flv

The link didn't work for me--can you repost?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 01:05, Engine wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 00:51, ico wrote:

Not sure how this relates to my point...other than to say that as magicians WE are the audience/market for these tricks and DVDs...

In any case if everyone's happy with the cliche' lay on Macduff...lay on....

I guess I misunderstood you, sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Please please pleas.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL