We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1157 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I entered, and lossed. Ben, you'll be seeing an order from me... Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2417 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Nothing on your web site and the link above does not work at all.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Nico,

Dave, I will be putting Sharp Money up on my website today, I will post here as soon as it is up, it will only be a matter of hours now...

Best,

Ben
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Looking forward to this ben............
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Sharp Money is now up for sale at http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com
Blurb:

Sharp Money By Ben Williams

£10.00 - $16.00

Sharp Money is my take on the signed note or bill to to impossible location.

A spectator signs their note and the pen stays in view the whole time. The magician then rolls the note up and performs a series of vanishes and reproductions with the note before completely vanishing their signed note.

After some by play the spectator is handed the pen and instructed to sign a cigarette or second note only to find out that the Sharpie now doesn't work. The magician instructs the spectator to open the pen up completely to expose where the ink cartridge is, however instead of an ink cartridge the pen is now hosting the signed rolled up note.

Points to remember:

The pen stays in view throughout the routine
The spectator can remove the signed note themselves
Everything is fully examinable
No difficult gimmicks to make or handy work needed
A one time set up
If you keep the Sharpie on you the routine is impromptu
Instant reset
Perfect for table hopping or walkaround

Also included:

Sharp Card, Sharp Money with a signed playing card
Different handlings for all skill levels
54 colour photos showing in detail the sleights needed
16 pages

For a moment think how nice it would be to be able to stop reseting your envelopes and wallets or getting yourself and spectator's money covered in lemon juice and learn a practical signed note to impossible location that gets huge reactions!

Any reviews or comments would be greatly appreciated as always!!

All the best,

Ben
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
Just got this (I really like bill to location effect).

Initial thoughts-
Well thought out routines, clear instruction, realistic achievable magic for the table hopping / strolling, and decent presentation throughout the PDF (the photos are particularly good, with faded bits so that you focus on the teaching bit).

This will take a bit of practice to get really smooth, so I won't try it tomorrow night! Perhaps in a week or two..

Charlie
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Charlie,

Glad you like it, and the photos!!!! They took AGES!!!!!!

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks for all the orders so far!

Can't wait for more reviews to come in!

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks for all the orders so far!

Can't wait for more reviews to come in!

Best,

Ben
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi,

This is excellent! I've been using the John Cornelius' 'Bill in Pen' for a number of years now but you are in a little way limited to what bill/note you can use (unless you own more than one pen), so when Ben sent me this I just had to try it out, yes you can borrow any note/bill.

This is a worker. Let me state here and now that this is not completely self-working, you do need to have some skill in sleight of hand to do the main routine, but, if you're not a sleight of hand performer there is a virtually self-working variation included in the manuscript.

The routining of this effect is excellent, Ben has detailed everything meticulously. Every little detail is superbly covered in this manuscript, so once you've done the one time preparation (which only takes a few moments) you can go out and 'fry some brains' with this routine.

As mentioned above, you can borrow any bill/note from any country, also this effect takes up little if any pocket space. For me the best part about this effect is the spectator can remove the bill/note from the pen themselves, this to me is what lifts this effect into the miracle class.

This is what the spectators see....You borrow a bill/note, the spectator signs it with a sharpie, the note then vanishes and ends up in the same pen they used to sign it with, and they remove the bill/note themselves! Oh and you're reset to immediately go again, stunning stuff.

The manuscript details a number of different handling's to suit most performers, from virtually self-working to intermediate sleight-of-hand skill, so no matter what your skill level is you should be doing this routine in no time.

There are many photos and enough variations to to enable even the beginner to get this down quickly, and everything is extremely well written and very clear to follow.

I love this and use this. Ben has put so much thought and time into this to make it clear and easy to learn, and I'm sure this will be a winner.

Also included is another routine called Sharp Card. This is a transposition type card effect in which the signed card (which the spectator thinks is under their hand) ends up inside the pen. I've not tried this but the method and handling is very clean looking and I'm sure card workers will love this.

Sharp Money is a first class routine which I'm sure will be used by professionals and hobbyists, and is also the perfect 'street magic' effect.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
100% Motivated. 100% Amazing. 100% possible.

This is how magic should be. Pure sleight of hand achieving amazing, impossible looking outcomes.

The more I read of Ben Williams, the more I hate myself for not being as clever.

Buy this..... or get a new hobby/job.

SAFE!
G.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Gary,

I knew it would fit your style!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review also!

Geraint,

Many thanks! You are too kind! Glad you liked it!

All the best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
By the way,

I am doing a promotion on my website, whereby if you sign up and make a purchase then every time you recommend my website to someone else and it turns into a sale I will send you a free download. All you need to do is make sure the person you recommend leaves a comment with your name, I will then contact you with your free download. So make sure that the email address you give is up to date!

Many thanks,

Ben
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
I just recieved the final edit on this, and what ben has done with this idea is amazing. I downloaded this to my Ipod and have been enjoying looking at this for the past few days. The effect, to start, is amazing. I just love the thinking that ben has put into this. You can tell that ben has had this up his sleave for some time now tweaking and modifying it to be as good as it is.
I just now went through the PDF and counted 54 photos! Ben has gone into extreme detail to not only explain this effect, but make sure that we have many different ways to perform this effect. There's one special move that will take some time to get the hang of, but once you do, everything else is cake!
I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you are on the edge about this, purchase it, because not only do you learn an amazing effect,but ben also goes into great details of cigarettes vanishes that are also pretty cool and a few other moves that every magician should really know.

Overall This is a great PDF. The effect is great, the explination is great and the photos are great. I highly recommend this.

Thanks,
Bill Perkins
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Bill,

I applaud you for counting the photos!

Best,

Ben
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The extra's ben's put into this are sexy. He's made the very thought of sleeving seem easy. Everything about this book reads winner. I'm having such awesom fun performing it. Such a wicked job Ben.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Jamie,

I am glad you are rocking it!! I have had a couple of suggestions that have sparked some fresh ideas so I will have to let everyone know about these somehow... somewhen!!!!

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Just seen this post on the other thread for Sharp Money...

Hey guys,
Just want to say that ben had been playing with this for a while and only until I told him how good it was he realy went about getting this out there!
Just think any bill will vanish and then reappear inside a pen. All magicians use a pen to sign cards and so this is a natural item to have on you.
Also this is worth the knowledge alone on how to roll money. . . . . .
Pure magic that I will be using.
Chris webb

Ps Chris, I knew it was good, but I was going to release a watered down version of it in with a load of other effects and leave out all the additional performance ideas, but tis true, you convinced me to give it all up in one big comprehensive look at the effect!!!

Thanks!

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I have just seen this review from Craig Petty in the Good, the bad and the garbage section. Thanks Craig!

I have no idea why this product has not attracted more attention on the Café. Sharp Money is the BEST way of performing bill to impossible location I have ever seen.

It might help that the routine is designed for a worker. The angles are great, there is an instant reset and the routine is easy to do. Reading through the PDF made me think several times "why did I not think of this?" One possible reason is that Ben Williams is one of the most creative magicians I have ever met. I really believe I could spot a Ben WIlliams effect a mile off. They are always very clever, well thought out and devious.

The actual manuscript is well written as well and looks good. It is more than clear that Ben has spent a lot of time on this project. The photos are fantastic and really help with the learning of the effect.

For the price there really should be no delay. Everyone should rush out, buy this PDF and start performing the effect immediately.

10 out of 10

Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL