We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Check out Ben’s wicked new release entitled Sharp Money.

Now, I’ve truly never been one for signing bills. In the UK our lowest note is £5 ($10) so I hadn’t previously found an effect that I thought warranted the signing of money. But ooohhh now I DO! Wicked trick. Devilishly simple and inexpensive. Literally, the best bill to impossible location. I think it works the best with Bill’s but he has also included a version with a signed card. He even gives you a run down of basic cigarette slights.

Imagine, having a bill signed. You put the pen on the table. You vanish the rolled up will at finger tips. Then, the pen ON THE TABLE from the begining of the trick is opened at the ink barrel. There is no ink stick inside but instead is a rolled up bill. It's opened and is the signed bill.

Really recommend it when he releases it.
Look out for it folks! Highly Recommended!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
D*mn, Ben! I've been looking for a practical way to do this for years. Well this is pretty darn practical! This is very cool! Haven't tried it yet but I know it's going to go over very well. The handling is very well structured, as with all of Ben's stuff. What Jamie said! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
This is absolutely going to be another winner for Ben.
Just think a signed note(or bill or signed card) disappears and appears inside the sharpie that was used to sign the bill in the first place! And the best thing....the sharpie is left in view through out the effect! Ben even emphisises the fact in this PDF that if they hand you back the sharpie after signing the bill, to directly place it on the table for all to see!
The routine is very well structured and flows nicely from beginning to end. If you ever use a sharpie in any of your routines(which is almost everyone) then I would highly recommend this for you.

Bill perkins
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds good, look forward to it Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
639 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Link?
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Sounds a lot like Richard Sanders' "Cramped" which I have been using for years. I look forward to seeing this.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4180 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sounds interesting. How does he justify rolling the bill? The reason I like Sanders' Cramped so much is that it is incredibly visual but does away with the need to roll the bill.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
And requires a extra some-thing which I don't like to much. Plus I can't find the pen.:S. (i'm referring to cramped)
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
I cannot seem to find a demo for this. help?
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Everyone,

This isn't actually released yet, it is in its final stages of completion, just the finishing touches to the design, I have the manuscript out with a few friends so I am waiting on some reviews or comments from them. I will hope to have this out for sale in the next two weeks.

I also hope to get a performance demo soon, thing is I work a lot but rarely have the opportunity to have anything filmed at my gigs. But as I said, I will endeavour to get a performance video for you soon.

As far as the justification for rolling the bill, I just say that I am going to show everyone some classic cigarette manipulation but with all the smoking bans and smoking being all non PC, I simply say that I will use their note or bill. I have never had a problem with spectators thinking me rolling a bill up as unusual, at the end of the day I have them sign coins which bend and make cards pop out of the deck without touching it, trust me when I say that no one ever has questioned it and no one has ever cared. Besides it doesn't matter what you do as long as the spectators are having fun and being amazed.

Thanks,

Ben
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Sounds good stuff, again ! ben
lookng forward to it mate
matt wainwright
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Cheer Matt,

All the best mate.

By the way, and this goes for EVERYONE here, if you sign up to the mailing list on my website, http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com you will be entered into a random prize draw whereby 10 lucky winners will receive Sharp Money for free. Hurry up though the draw will be soon...

Thanks,

Ben
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ben has included a couple of vanishing sequences with the rolled bill before the final reveal. As Ben said, if you tell them that you used to do this with cigs but can't anymore, they won't think anything of it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Cameron,

I am going to add something to the manuscript, it is a small subtlety but boy does it add to the deception! Cameron, I will get it sent over to you as soon as it is written up, so you can learn it as well, it will be interesting to see what you think.

Not long now, I promise!

Best,

Ben
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
What can I say. Ben kindly allowed me a `preview` of this. Its a worker. What struck me was the fact that once you have the handling down you can easily adapt this to what you are most comfortable with. Im already thinking of how I would like to include this into a longer routine.

Also, as fantastic Richard Sanders cramped is (you can see it on the Richard Sanders Show DVDs) these are two completely different beasts. Cramped - the magician removes the cap from the pen, and the signed bill is in the cap. Sharp Money, the SPECTATOR opens up the pen, and the bill is INSIDE the pen. Like I said, two completely different beasts.

Excellent work Ben. Hope you receive the credit you deserve for this mate.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Paul,

I had a feeling you would like it!

Cheers,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
So here it is:

13th November 2009

This is the date when the lucky 10 winners of the Sharp Money competition will find out who they are!

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is sign up to my mailing list on http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com. All I ask in return is a small favour... You tell everyone what you think about it, if you belong to a magic society or forum or simply have some magician friends, let them know what you honestly thought about it. I am particularly interested in those of you that perform the effect, these reviews and feedback are invaluable.

So keep your eyes peeled on the 13th for that email!

Best,

Ben
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Are people already on the mailing list eligible for the contest?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
This has caught my eye. Looking forward to the demo Smile
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I've been looking for a practical and surprising borrowed bill routine for quite a while - with Sharp Money, I think I've found it!

As with all of Ben's material, you know it's been created with the real-world in mind and he has a knack of coming up with routines that are fun for both the magician and the audience.

I much prefer this to Richard Sanders' Cramped as the bill is not just inside the cap - it's inside the pen itself, which the spectator himself breaks open and removes. Strong stuff indeed!

Not very difficult and resets by the time you reach the next table. I'll be using this!

Iain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL