We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Iain,

I am glad you like it and I am sure you will have lots of fun with it!

Thanks The Mac, I am looking to get a demo for you out soon, I could easily do a trailer type demo but I do really want a real life performance or two for the demo so, fingers crossed I will be able to get this done sometime this week.

Nico, I have been meaning to contact you as I believe I have an incorrect email for you on my mailing list, can you please pm me your email so I can update the records, it is probably a simple typo or something that is wrong, oh and yes everyone on my mailing list has a chance of winning the comp.

Thanks again everyone,

Ben
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi Ben.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about this effect. I can see myself doing this to lead into conterfeit spectator with their signed bill Smile if you know whatta mean .

All the best with your release
Mac
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Mac,

Sounds cool, is that the counterfeit effect where you shred the spec's bill?

Thanks again,

Ben
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
No, its the one where you replace the treasurers signature with the spectators name.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Oh!

Wicked!

Don't know that one! But I would sure like to learn it, do you know if it works on UK currency? I have a feeling it won't!

Uh, now I feel jealous!

Jealously,

Ben
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
I don't really see any problem in rolling up the bill. I would just simply say "Now I'm going to roll up your bill". I May make a joke and say "Don't worry, I'm not going to smoke it" like I do in another effect I roll a bill up in. Anyway, I don't really see any explanation necessary. It's no more unusual than folding up a bill. Why would you do that either? Hey, it's a magic effect. Everything is supposed to be unusual about it anyway. So tell me: Why would an explanation be needed in the first place unless you're trying to hide the fact itself that you're about to perform a magic effect?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Counterfeit Spectator is in Art of Astonishment volume 2.

Ben, this release looks very cool! I am looking forward to this.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ben ,
counterfeit spectator will work with just about any bill with a treasurers signature on it.
It requires some prep work but you can freely hand out the bill beforehand if you did the dirty work properly.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Jeff,

Thanks Mac,

Russell... Exactly!

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE.

I am really sorry folks I have had a fire at my house and everything is smoke damaged. This has put me back with Sharp Money as everything is on my computer and there is no power. The insurers, clean up team and police have to come round and assess the situation. I am hoping I will be able to at least get my computer out of there this weekend and get everything sorted so I can mail Sharp Money out to the winners.

Again I am sorry about this and hope to have the situation in a workable state this weekend so please bear with me, what a NIGHTMARE.

All the best,

Ben
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
639 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Who cares about the free stuff now, our best wishes to you to sort out the problem with minimum loss and hassle. What a nightmare...

Rgds
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ben. I know the feeling of being on the cusp of releasing something and something catasrophic happens. It is completely derailing. I hope your stuff is all okay. All the best. Mac
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks everyone,

As soon as you know everyone is ok and that the house is structurally sound etc it all very quickly becomes a massive pain in the...

Well anyways, I hope to get this sorted asap. I suppose in the meantime it b=gives anyone who hasn't joined my mailing list a chance to join to be in the running for a free copy of Sharp Money, when I get everything sorted! I suppose every cloud has a silver-ish lining!!

Thanks again everyone,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience, I think I have everything sorted now and internet etc so I will be sending out the copies to the 10 winners very soon.

Check your emails in the morning, or in the afternoon, or the evening, I suppose it depends on where you are in the world, well check them in the next 24 hours!!

All the best,

Ben
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
THIS IS FANTASTIC. if you do not have this go buy it now
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
The 10 members of my mailing list who have won the Sharp Money draw have now been emailed so check your emails!!

Btw this will be released on the 20th November 2009, this coming Friday, it will be available from http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com exclusively.

I am still working on a video demo, hopefully should get some footage soon.

All the best everyone,

Ben

Ps Alan, glad you liked it!!!
Deepthought
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Deepthought
Hi All,

new to the forum, actually signed up to give some feedback on the FREE Sharp Money pdf I just found grinning at me in my mailbox.

I never liked Bill to Lemon for the mess of it. And for the complete absence of lemons in any context I perform (as an aside to making music, and my band does not do with lemons). This is a fantastic handling of the effect, and the pdf is well produced, nice pictures (apart from the fact that the background is not ideal on my sony ebook reader). The instructions are clear and concise. I might switch to a non-sharpie variant, as Sharpies are not the UK favourite marker.

Very well thought out, implemented and absolutely ought to buy!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Deepthought,

I have something for you, I just need to find your email address...

Sounds a bit sinister I know! But it is a good thing, I am glad you like Sharp Money, let me know what marker pens it works well with, I only use Sharpies myself but alternatives are always welcome!!!

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Actually Deepthought, what is your email address, obviously your name on here does not correspond to your mailing list email!! Pm me please...

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Many thanks for your emails about Sharp Money, it will go on sale tomorrow, the 20th November. The price will be £10 ($16) and available exclusively for the moment at http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com.

It is 16 pages long with 54 colour photos and loads of different ideas I have developed for this routine.

So I hope you all like this, my next offering to you all...

Sharp Money

A-thank you!

Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben William's Sharp Money (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL