The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Levitation wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
What would be a good street levitation in which the magician levitates at least one foot? In most of the levitations I see, the magician levitates only a few inches. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Matthew
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
This has been discussed alot, but the criteria is pretty tough. Most street levs go up a 2-3 inches. Such as Peter Loughran's ONE (www.masterofillusions.ca) or his Elevator, which are great levs in their own right.

Jimmy Finger's Magellan Master Levitation at http://www.magellanlevitation.com/ allows levitation of about 15 inches, and Jimmy has done this on the street. But I don't know if I would call it a street levitation. It's better suited in a livingroom, parlor or stage setting. Talk to Jimmy. He can see if it will meet your needs.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 18:56, semo wrote:
This has been discussed alot, but the criteria is pretty tough. Most street levs go up a 2-3 inches. Such as Peter Loughran's ONE (www.masterofillusions.ca) or his Elevator, which are great levs in their own right.

Jimmy Finger's Magellan Master Levitation at http://www.magellanlevitation.com/ allows levitation of about 15 inches, and Jimmy has done this on the street. But I don't know if I would call it a street levitation. It's better suited in a livingroom, parlor or stage setting. Talk to Jimmy. He can see if it will meet your needs.

Jimmy's levitation is visually stunning. I can in fact seeing it work on the street, but being practical is an entire different story.

For TV it would be insane.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
I've seen Jimmy's levitation, and it looks great! The only problem is that it's two expensive for me. Thanks for the suggestions!
Matthew
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
I agree. Great levitation. It's perfect for stage and workable on the streets I would presume. Check out Wild Levitation and the Criss Angel Levitation. The Wild lev is performed the same way that this Magellan lev with a cover except you can't show both legs at the end because of the difference in the gimmick. Both feet are shown at all times to come off the ground as much as a foot depending on how tall you are. If you are familiar with the Angel lev, part of the gimmick is similar to the Wild lev so if you are looking to perform with a cover, Wild is cheaper. If you are in fact "wild" meaning that you dress similar to Criss Angel, his lev is perfect for you because you can do it with or without a cover. If you are a suit and tied magician, the Angel lev will look wierd with your personality. I think Andrew Mayne has a reverse lev similar to he Angel lev. If you want cheap, go Wild.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 00:54, FrankRussell wrote:
If you are a suit and tied magician, the Angel lev will look wierd with your personality.

You could actually modify the Fearson Fantastic Flotation to do the Chris Angel levitation and then you can do it in a nice pair of slacks.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
Ahh! Good point JoeJoe. I mentioned Mayne...maybe it was Fearson I was thinking of. It could be both. Who knows? None of this will matter when I release my new invention...jet powered flip flops that you can levitate you up to 35,000 feet even in the nude.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 11:24, FrankRussell wrote:
Ahh! Good point JoeJoe. I mentioned Mayne...maybe it was Fearson I was thinking of. It could be both. Who knows? None of this will matter when I release my new invention...jet powered flip flops that you can levitate you up to 35,000 feet even in the nude.

Il take 3. Are they on pre-order yet?
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
Haha Vorezo, I have you down for 3 jet powered flip flops for a pre-order. I have charged your credit card for 100 million US dollars each and Boeing has started your production and your 3 flip flops will be sent to you by UPS when they are finished...in the year 2039. If you have any questions, call my technical coordinator...Bernie Madoff. By the way, these sell by the single, not by the pair. These 3 flip flops must be for you and your one legged assistant?
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
If you want a portable one, go for the Fly by Roy Keuppers. If you want a cheaper portable one, and the only one that lets you see under your feet, go for the ONE by Peter Loughran. If you want an akward one to perform, go for King's Rising, if you want a piece of crap, buy a copy of the Zero Gravity manuscript.

Just my two bits.

Oh and yes if you are doing a performance, definitely get Jimmy Fingers' Magellan. It really doesn't get better looking then that. I would put it on par with David Copperfield's flight, just more affordable and MUCH more portable.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
In all fairness to Zero Gravity, I've put together the shoes and used it several years ago, and I'll say that it was pretty good at the time. Of course, we've got newer, more deceptive, more advanced versions of the effect, but ZG was surprisingly effective for what appeared to be something obvious.

I don't know if we'd be where we are right now without ZG.

I have a new, 2" self levitation for closeup/strolling work. It's more stable than the single foot ones that you can only balance for about 3 seconds before having to bail. Both feet are supported, and you can actually rotate about 45 degrees longitudinally before coming down. One of the most intriguing features is that it does not require you to ruin the shoes to install any parts of the apparatus. It takes practice not only with your angles but with the physicality of the piece. About like the Magellan requires. It actually allows both feet to rise slowly and simultaneously, with practice. Balance is an issue, but not as much as with most of the rest of the previous uncovered self levitations.

I've seen almost all of the others, and this one is quite a bit different in terms of ease of installation, effectiveness and stability.

I am an inventor, but very much a designer. I've made dozens of models and variations on what I've come up with, and they seem to get better and better. Visibly on video, easier setup, and just more usable.

I'm waiting for some of the necessary parts to do the final model. I want to get the adhesion perfect without destructive gaffing of the heel. I already have my own version with the gaffed, drilled shoe heel, but I'm working on one without altering the shoes permanently like drilling does.

Here's the video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm-WHDPnac

Thanks,

Jimmy
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Hi Jimmy!

Just curious, any ETA yet on this? The video looks great!

Thanks.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Jimmy thanks for sharing,I do have a question though, and its strictly out of curiosity. How does your new levitation differ from Ray Noble's On thin Air? Im sure it is different, it just looks the exact same, even the get ready and the clean up look identical to Ray's invention. Are you familiar with Ray Noble's On Thin Air? If not you may want to talk to Ray, to make sure your invention is different in method.

Best,
Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Hey peter I've been emailing you lately on the ONE I've got Im sure you would remember.
Just to say I'm having great reactions with my ONE and am going to put up some new videos soon hopefully sorting out my balance.

Thanks
Brooks
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 15:08, Brooks Allen wrote: (I) am going to put up some new videos soon hopefully sorting out my balance.

Thanks
Brooks

My version solves the balance issues. The solutions are inspired more by my own Magellan gimmick's evolution than anything. This makes it different than Peter and Ray's versions. It's different in several aspects that I will mention here.

The performer is supported in a way similar to the predecessors, but my version is different, in that both feet are supported, while still hiding angles and not compromising any of the visibility of the gimmick's contact with the ground.

The main difference between my levitation and Ray's is the ability to stay in mid air and rotate for as long as you want. I have never seen Ray's gimmick, but I know that most of the pre-existing levitations have about a 2 second levitation time that is due to balance issues. I have solved those. I prefer the clean up handling that I use instead of mechanical solutions. I have owned the Skywalker, I've built it. I've bought and built Zero Gravity. I have bought and used your One levitation, but I was looking to create something that allowed both feet to rise slowly, simultaneously, and for as long as I wanted. Portability, simplicity, with no permanent drilling or major alteration to the shoes (You could actually buy a pair of shoes, perform this, and return them for a refund as virtually unworn). I had problems with some other street levitations, with the shoe picking up nails and metal shards when walking around. My new one has no gimmicks on the shoes that would pick up metal or stick to any objects found on the streets. I've solved many shortcomings of other street levitations. My solution of these shortcomings is my favorite of everything that I've seen. And much more simple and durable.

Please understand that we are all standing on the shoulders of giants. And, I don't understand why Peter is asking me to ask Ray for a blessing of some kind. Mine is different, AND...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Like the situation between Ray and Devin, I have never seen Ray's gimmick, but I have seen on video that it can't do what mine can.

There are advances and differences in solutions that have advantages and drawbacks. My solutions are different enough to justify giving a potential consumer a choice. I think that any viewer of the video will see the potential advantages for the controlled, extended period of suspension that my version offers.

I don't even have a name for mine yet. I feel that it is the ultimate solution and I carry it with me everywhere, only because of the clean superiority of the execution, in my opinion.

Please understand that I have not implemented any of your One's 'invisible' aspects in my new levitation. And Ray's version does not offer the stability and longevity of flight that mine does. From the one video that I've seen of Ray's, there is a similarity to clean up, but that makes sense. The acting and presentation necessary to do the work of either of our versions is organic and obviously necessary. Not releasing this version due to similarity of cleanup would be similar to not releasing any closeup effect because it requires palming or ditching. Just not very realistic. Shoe touching and display have been being used on almost every short self levitation.

If someone feels that longer floating times and easier execution of a more smooth liftoff and descent is not enough to justify a new product, then I have one solution for them. Don't buy it, as simple as that.

Stay tuned for a name.

Jimmy
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
Jimmy,
thanks for your updated informations!
WALTHER
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
I still say that of all the levitation devices on the market, my jet pack flip flops will be the best. I am still working on some of the sound issues and of course the sonic boom when you are leaving the Earth's atmosphere. Other than that, It should be the best 20 million dollars spent on a compact lev device. Any pre-orders?
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Jimmy,

Again, any ETA on a release and any hints of affordability etc.?

If healthy competition leads us all to a better levi then carry on gentlemen! Smile
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
Elevator will be my first choice!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Levitation wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL