The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » The man himself » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I just returned from an engagement and am reading all the postings about my very dear friend, Ted Lesley.

I have to tell the readers a little history about him and myself. I first met Ted at a convention. (Meeting of the Minds, I believe) I performed my linking finger rings and Ted approached me. Instead of congratulating me as I anticipated, he began telling me all the things I did wrong! In all honesty, I was a bit taken back. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that his comments were meant to help me and he wouldn't have taken the time to approach me if he didn't care. And the more I thought about it, his comments were right!

Ted and I have a close friendship and I thank my lucky stars for it. We communicate almost daily and to say he is an inspiration is a huge understatement. Ted has a few years on me (just a few!) and, whenever I am feeling a bit "older", I marvel at his drive and ambition. He never stops creating and he is never locked into one type of thinking or another. He knows so much it is uncanny and yet he is always working on something new. And that new stuff is always sensational! Every email or phone call I get from him, inspires me. I have become more productive in the last 6 months than I have been in the last 6 years and it is because of Ted Lesley! He sees around corners and takes off in directions I would never have thought of. His methods are diabolical and you never know what to expect next. One instant he may be using some incredible, mechanical contraption, and the next, some subtle use of words with ordinary items.

In addition to all the above, Ted is a genuinely wonderful human being. He is honest, thoughtful and spreads good advice and love. He cares about his magic and his friends. He is also about the most generous man I have met, always willing to share his knowledge and discoveries and to help anyone who asks. Thank you for being my friend, Ted.

Richard Osterlind
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I have had very similar experiences with Ted as you Richard (although not for as long as you have a few years on me too) but Ted is not only generous with his time and knowledge but also in his love to his friends. He is a true gem amongst our peers.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB StageCraft
Unique Mentalism and Magic World-wide
Home of FRAGMENTS, the best magazine test in the world.
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2003 entrée: Ted Lesley » » The man himself » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL