The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Scripting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Fellow members,

I am having real difficulty in scripting for ‘Extreme burn’ with magazine cuttings to money (£20 notes). It is so powerful but I am unable to work a script that goes with it.

Why would you turn magazine cuttings to money?

Any ideas and thoughts really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Aspinalls.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3161 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Its safer when you travel to carry magazines instead of money. Robbery, theft, mugging, assault etc.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Rizzo

Nice idea - many thanks.

A.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I like Rizzo's idea a lot.

You could also find coupons that turn into money-
Or, pages that have "Twenty" written on them (or all page 20 that turns into twenties)
Or pages from a financial mag - turn investment theory into cash

Or, just "magic"- a real magician need never be poor, one of the oldest of the "lost arts of ancient magick" is how to make money- but you must do everything correct, like a spell, need paper, cut to exact specifications, says just the right incantation and VOIL- only trouble is sometimes it reverts if you lose the spell, etc.

just some thoughts...

In passing, what a genius effect from Richard! One of the best ever...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
658 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Well here's an idea :

telle them you're going to hypnotize them but they have to agree, if they do so, they'll see something UNIQUE.
once they agreed, do the switch without telling anything(paper magasine to money) and then come back to paper magasine.
Let them know that what they've just witness was under hypnose....

well, that's the idea I'm working on but I like it much !

Kéli
Robert The Magical Radway
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Robert The Magical Radway
Or you could say that there is always something interesting in the news, use stock prices from the newspaper, and say that it could be a way to fortune, or something like that...

The Magical Radway
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Try this.. don't even use money...

use map slices to describe a trip.. then during your trip you got speeding tickets ... you can play that patter for a good bit and go into detail with a vacation story...

money to coupons... you could patter about the recession ect....

money to bingo papers....

money to stock certificates...

stock certificates to IOUs...

lots of possibilities...

IOUS to money... done with a mafia story line... loanshark....
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1500 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I always like to make things as simple for the spectator as possible. I sometimes do this.

I present 5 ones and show them front and back, and I even let the spectator examine 1 or 2 of the bills. Then I ask them,"if you could do 1 thing with these what would you do?" 9 out of ten they will say, turn them into 20's. Then I perform the change and show 5 20's and then put them in my wallet and head on my way. This way when you walk away, they are still digestion the magic.

I also use EB to pay for things. You really do not need much patter in this situation, You just say,"is this enough, display lower denomination, or in your case, DO you take magazine clippings, they will say no, then you do the change and pay. Simple direct, I their face magic.

- ELi
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3615 Posts

I haven't put this idea into practice yet, but it's been on my mind for quite a while. I would construct 2 versions- 1's to 10's and 10's to 100's. Do the 1's-10's, put it in your pocket, patter until you get to "i think I can do better", pull out the 10's to 100"s from same pocket, and so forth. I think the double whammy would really etch the effect into the audience's brains. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Jim
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Jim,
I think that is a great idea! It would only work for a one off performance, but would be really impressive. Great thinking!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3615 Posts

Thanks, Sammy. Of course, you're right about one off. It is definitely something you save for the right moment. Think I will give it a try...

Jim
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Consider the high visual impact. Sometimes it's fun to do it without patter!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Scripting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL