The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Whats left.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Hello, I been Practicing False shuffles, Passes and riffle stacking for the last year. I have practice every day for atleast an hour roughly. I use the lay cull gather up the cards I want. Is there any new culling technique I should learn. If so Please point out some material. Also Should I bother with false dealing and mucking. I figured if I got amazingly good at riffle stacking I wouldn't need the handicap use of a false deal. Is this a true statement or false. I haven't had the chance to play in many games yet considering I am still in high school. But I have won a considerable large amount in a 6 handed game.
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
333 Posts

Profile of artwo
A decent deuce never goes amiss.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
Many can do sleight of hand and know a lot but only few % in the world can do it well, so learning to do it well I guess is all that’s left at the end of the day. Anyway have you got Steve Forty’s stuff as there is plenty to learn from him. Or learn to play the game as one needs be good player too. I don't know...there is so much left I don't know where to start.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
It doesn't matter, as long as the deck is face up.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Think about where you're going and how to get there.

Having a million tools in your toolbox is completely useless if it never leaves your bedroom.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
The information you seek is contained many times over in the archives of this very forum.
euro76
View Profile
New user
Toronto
30 Posts

Profile of euro76
As exactly what you have said to my thread:

"Why would I tell you. Its pointless to me. Its not like your offering anything for information. Pick up a book and find out for yourself."
euro76
View Profile
New user
Toronto
30 Posts

Profile of euro76
Or,
ask Professor X and Luke Skywalker.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
It must suck having all this information at your very fingertips, but being completely incapable of actually doing your own research. Just like dying of hunger while sitting atop a pile of food, crying and asking others to feed you.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile I like Euro, he is a quick learner.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
Having a million tools in your toolbox is completely useless if it never leaves your bedroom.

Unless you enjoy practicing those tools...

I don't sit in front of the mirror for hours practicing blackjack mucks because I'm planning on going to Caesar's. I do this stuff because I love perfecting it.

To blackeagle: Practice because you enjoy it. If you are doing it just to check off a list... then it becomes pointless.

**Disclaimer** If you are just doing this ONLY for the purpose of making money, most of the best hustlers learn one or two scams, perfect them, and forget the rest of the garbage.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1885 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Any two cards can win...:snail
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 16:38, euro76 wrote:
As exactly what you have said to my thread:

"Why would I tell you. Its pointless to me. Its not like your offering anything for information. Pick up a book and find out for yourself."

Euro I wasn't asking you to tell me anything rather an opinion. In your topic you were begging for information. Offering cash for an incentive. Did Dia Vernon get taught how to do the center deal the day he wanted to learn it. No, he had to search out Allen Kennedy. So don't compare our post. Everything I have learned I taught myself. I simply after for opinions.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Lets not start a fight about the whole kennedy thing. It was I who created it, vernon stole it from me.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
Sometimes I think that this board is just one big fathers and sons conflict made worse by the secretive nature of the magic trade - how's that for a troll? Smile
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
764 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 09:24, blackeagle wrote:
Hello, I been Practicing False shuffles, Passes and riffle stacking for the last year. I have practice every day for atleast an hour roughly.

...an hour a day for a year eh? Well I think the next things you should practice are "False shuffles, Passes and riffle stacking".
good luck.
euro76
View Profile
New user
Toronto
30 Posts

Profile of euro76
Huh,I asked for possibility, not for information, If you can read correctly.
My topic was "Is it possible....?"

The reason I mentioned about your post is that you were rude.

Look at all threads. it's all serious, nothing for jokes, oh, there are some jokes and laughs; however, it should not be insulting for any other reason.

What I love about this forum is that all post were written with respect no matter what.

Professor X and Luke Skywalker? that's for high school kid. not here.

I always try to be nice and generous but, trust me, I can turn into monster depends on how the person treats me.
Insulting was my MAJOR, If I start to insulting you, I am sure you will cry for stop or **** on you pants.

I am new here as you are; however, before I post my first question, I just sat down and read posts for 8 hours.
and I think that is the minimum respect for this forum and the people.

You want to play with matures? you MUST act and think like mature.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 12:21, euro76 wrote:
Insulting was my MAJOR, If I start to insulting you, I am sure you will cry for stop or **** on you pants.

Oh wow, an internet tough guy. What a surprise. Your mommy must be proud.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 18:51, Clock wrote:

Unless you enjoy practicing those tools...

I don't sit in front of the mirror for hours practicing blackjack mucks because I'm planning on going to Caesar's. I do this stuff because I love perfecting it.

Yeah, but you know why you're doing it. Nor is the stuff staying in your bedroom; you get around, you meet people, you share ideas.

There is an endless amount of reasons why we do this stuff. But it's important for everyone to ask themselves what they're doing and what they want out of it. After that, the road is easier to see, and you're better equipped to follow it.

Asking "What do I do next?" without actually knowing why you're doing it or for what is bound to get you irrelevant answers. Blackeagle, what do you want to do? Take money off tables? Do gambling expose work? Do magic with a gambling flair? Just leanr this stuff because you're interested in gambling? Every different reason will lead you to a different path.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes splice is right. Stop thinking like amateurs! Don’t look at details and work out but see the BIG picture and work in.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Whats left.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL