The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Norm Neilsen Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This is a beautiful prop, and it deserves to be used. Do any of you use this item, and if so, do you use the included balls, or do you use something different?

When I was working on a routine, the "talking" of the hard balls always kept me from trying it in front of people.

I would be interested in your thoughts and ideas.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Talking Balls? Wow... can you get 'em an agent?

Seriously, don't use them, use knit balls or make paper balls from the paper wrappers on chop sticks (sneak a small magnet into one). Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Amos,

I use the balls that come with it. You just have to get use to a lighter touch. I like the way Norm's routine begins. You disappear a ball then say something like "listen closely and you will hear the ball" as you swirl the cup.

Regards,

Bill
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I love this cup! I always use the balls that comes with it. I don't think of the " talking" as a bad thing. If you are working a crowd in a restaurant or on a stage or on the streets, you will find that not everyone will be able to see the ball all the time. I use the "talking" and the cup as a bell and state " -you may not be able to hear the ball arrive but every time you will hear it ring the bell".

Vibono Magic
Sweden

Smile
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You want to load really noisy stuff? Like a stack of coins in a bowl with a table made of glass or marble and NOT hear the coins?

Use a small musical tambourine. I came up with this some years ago and Pat Page features it and taught it on one of his videos.... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Great idea Pete. Pat showed it to me late one night at a convention and it works great.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Just a note of caution. Not all chop cup balls work with Neilsen's cup. His have a certain type of polarity.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Norm Neilsen Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL