The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for Magicians - Henry Evans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Does anyone know of an 'Easy to use' music editing software available?

After purchasing a number of 'Music for Magicians' CDs and albums, this is the only one that really understands good music. The Composer Gustavo Baltradi from Argentine is got it right. His orchestra pieces are great, his jazz pieces hit the nail on the head, his rhythm is gets you moving and his moods are right on! And at a an acceptable price.

Can you point me to a music editing program that I can put together some tracks?
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Wmhegli,

Any link to hear some samples of Henry Evans "Music for Magicians"?
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
A couple good ones are "audacity" and "wavepad". They are both very user friendly.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-11-06 22:57, Hengky Ciptanegara wrote:
Wmhegli,

As with most music for magicians, there is never any samples given. I have purchased a couple records and 6 CDs that are supposed to be music for magic acts. All could not live up to their promise. These were twice the price of Henry Evans offering, $15.00 and most online dealers sell it for less.

I could not find any samples and did not even think of looking for a sample until you asked. I from the old school and know that with magic you are purchasing the secret as well as the apparatus if there is any offered. Now with the Internet and YouTube, and music sites, it is a different game.

I really took a pause before mentioning this CD as I do not want many magicians to purchase this. The songs are to good to be available to everyone on the Internet and doing shows.

To sum up, no sample that I am aware of. Just don't buy it, I want it for myself.

Now any suggestions on a program to cut and paste music together?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-11-06 23:17, Eldon wrote:
A couple good ones are "audacity" and "wavepad". They are both very user friendly.

Thanks, I recently got audacity with a new sound card. I will have to double click on the icon and check it out.

Click here to view attached image.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
486 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
I use Audacity, as well. It's a very good program for editing music. If I remember correctly, the version I own needed an extra download...to be able to change files into MP3 format. Once downloaded, it worked like a charm! No complaints.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 02:32, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
Wmhegli,

As with most music for magicians, there is never any samples given.

Not true at all. 3 of us composers here on the Café offer samples and free music all the time Smile
BaoHoang
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
140 Posts

Profile of BaoHoang
Quote:
On 2009-11-08 18:31, Bill Nuvo wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 02:32, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
Wmhegli,

As with most music for magicians, there is never any samples given.

Not true at all. 3 of us composers here on the Café offer samples and free music all the time Smile

where can we hear the samples? I'm currently looking for music for my magic show Smile
Montreal Magician Bao
www.baomagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I Emailed Henry Evans and told him how much I enjoyed his album. He replyed that he will take my suggestion and have Gustavo Baltradi start working on a 2nd Album for magicians.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Adoe Premiere (video editing software) has a plugin called Quicktracks that is very good.
Pristine, customizable music where you can control timing, tempo, etc.
Ask your local videographer.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for Magicians - Henry Evans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL