The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » One : 3 : One by Bill Perkins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
One 3 One is Bil Perkins second release to the magic community. This release simply titled "1:3:1" is a PDF which details 4 full effects from his card material and 1 color change. All the material is direct, simple and too the point.
Descriptions of each effect are as follows:

Grilled: Inspired by John Bannon's Dawn Patrol, this sandwich routine allows for a thought of card to be found sandwiched between two jokers in the deck, directly after the spectator has completely and thoroughly shuffled the deck them selves. Oh and did I say, this is accomplished with zero sleights!

CHaSeD: Standing for Clubs, Hearts and Spades 'en Diamonds, this is a fun “twisting” sandwich routine that has the jokers warming up by turning over one at a time, before finally finding the spectators card sandwiched between them, then ending with an amazing grand finale.

I.D. Guaranteed: This routine combines an impromptu invisible deck idea with a mystery card plot to find the spectators thought of card in an un-thought of location.

Midnight Change: A smooth, eye level, color change that happens as you simply wave your hand over the cards.

Foot Loose: This is a three phase transposition effect where two cards transpose under the spectators and magicians feet visually and invisibly with each phase becoming more impossible than the other.

Review:

Grilled is a nice sandwich effect where the card simply named by the spectator is found between the 2 jokers. The beauty of this effect is that the spectator shuffles and cuts the deck before the reveal.Read that again!This takes very little work and is sleight free. There are many sandwich effects out there but this is a quick streamlined version that is sure to fool.There is a little something extra to assist with this and make it clean and seamless and you will have whats needed already so there will be no need to go out shopping to spend money. Oh and if you did run out, bring a $1 because that's all you would need anyway.I like this effect, off to a very good start here.

Chased starts as a twisting routine with jokers then turns into a sandwich effect with a selectd card found between the jokers.There is some handling throughout it all, described in detail with photos added. Biddle grip,out jogs,forces,flip sequences,bluff pass.There is an alternate beginning squence added as well.After a few trial runs you wll get familiar with this and even adapt it a little to suit your style. Overall a good surprising effect and one that is a good follow up to grilled.

I.D. Guaranteed. Included are 2 versions, 1 gaffed, the other non gaffed. Both routines and outcomes are identical in appearances to the spectator.The gaff version allows for more free handling throughout and lets the spectator handle the cards.This is a card effect where the thought of card should be found by the joker but actually transposes with it for a big surprise ending.You will need to know the ego change (not taught) or a ribbon spread hide out (not taught) Darwin Ortiz.You may or may not have what is needed for the gaff version although it is common in magic shops and craft stores and elsewhere. Honestly I think it better to go with the non gaff version because some spectator management will be needed in the gaffed version. The trade off is if you want the spectator to handle the cards and if they do, it should be fairly brief anyway.For those already using the above mentioned sleights, this effect will be right up your alley. The effect itself, a thought of card transposing with the joker that has been placed off to the side since the start of the effect is very strong.You may already have a favorite method to accomplish this same thing though.

Midnight Change is a cool change done at eye level where a card sticking out the side of th deck instanty changes into the selected card with a wave of the opposite hand. This looks real good and this change you will use once mastered. This is well taught and explained with photos to aid you throughout the the few steps needed. Bill also has a comment at the end, little additional tips that should iron out any wrinkles you may encounter during the learning process. Fast magical and doable with practice.

Footloose is a quick visual 3 phase card routine which includes trnspositions, color changes and feet.Its a very nice routine taught well. This is a demonstration on timing, misdirection and using the spectator as well as yourself standing on cards during transpos instead of it happening entirely in the hands or on a tabletop. I like this one and this is the type of effect that is offbeat and surprising to the spectator. It is not self working and you will need to become famiiar with cards under your foot and multi tasking.This is a great exercise as it will make you proficient in timing, spectator management and put a fun routine in your bag of tricks.

Overall you will learn and use most of the items taught on these well written notes. Again, a few sleights mentioned are not taught but are easily found if you do not already know or use them.I enjoyed reading through this and will begin working on Footloose but adapting it slightly. that's also the beauty of Bill's effects. He brings solid ideas and workers to us and they can be used as he does them or taken down your own road. Not just patter but handlings, moves and sleights. Recommended.

Currently this can be purchased at:

With in the united states
http://www.esleights.com/
-or a direct link to those outside the United states-
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3577/1_3_1_-......nfo.html
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
427 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
I like the subtlety used in Grilled and the shuffle process makes the thing impossible. Nice thinking.

I love the method to make the Jokers turn face down in CHASED. Very visual and not hard to do at all. I'll probably use it in other tricks of my own.

Also, the white writing onto the blue background make the e-book easy to read on a computer screen which is always a good thing.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Rizzo,
Thanks for the great honest review. Hope you are enjoying the PDF.

King of diamonds, I am glad you enjoy Grilled. It's one of those effects that plays easy, but packs a huge punch.

For those with any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Bill Perkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » One : 3 : One by Bill Perkins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL