The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Ultimate Prediction Box vs. Master Prediction System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hello Everybody
I wanted to buy the Master Prediction System but saw the price and thought it was expensive ( 2995$)
I than looked around and saw the same thing for 385$ at Pro-Magic
Can anyone tell me the difference and which one is worth buying

Pro-Magic: http://www.pro-magic.com/shop/product.ph......2&page=1
Wellington/ Malloys: http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/classicpredict.html

Thank You
Hope to Get great reply's
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi Paul
personally I have the one from Malloy and is GREAT!!!!
The props is the top noch and very professionally build and will last forever.
Anyway I think you can tell the difference between the promagic one and the wellington/malloy...
I understand that the price is different BUT if you want something professional you need to choose the best!
;)
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Is it just me or does this sound like an ad instead of a legitimate question?

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
It is only $385 because it looks cheap. A cheap rip off and not a very deceptive one at all. But I guess it really depends on what look you are going for. Cheap or Professional.

Kevin,

You are right it does sound like an ad. It is the second like it in 4 months.

Patrick
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yeah, its hard to believe people ask something like that...the ultimate box looks like a 10 buck make-up case someone would pick up at Walmarts and they ask which one is better! Geesh!
Sent from my Typewriter
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Is their a way a PREDICTION chest is suppose to look?
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Quote:
On 2009-11-08 18:24, IDOTRIX wrote:

\lol
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-11-08 12:23, Paul.W wrote:
Hello Everybody
I wanted to buy the Master Prediction System but saw the price and thought it was expensive ( 2995$)
I than looked around and saw the same thing for 385$ at Pro-Magic
Can anyone tell me the difference and which one is worth buying

Pro-Magic: http://www.pro-magic.com/shop/product.ph......2&page=1
Wellington/ Malloys: http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/classicpredict.html

Thank You
Hope to Get great reply's

How many times are you going to do this?
Post these links with a new Café name that is Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2009-11-08 18:24, IDOTRIX wrote:

Yeah! Not Cheap!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I'm guessing we're not going to hear from "Paul W" again... I've already spent to much time on this thread. I'm outta here.... Smile
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hey
Sorry ... I had no internet for the last 12 hours.
I appreciate your comments and understand its the same effect but different quality.
Can this effect be done without an assitant?

Paul.W
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
PAul W.

yes.. you can totally do this alone...and predict lottery tickets in a state of your choice..

and with the money you save on the cheap one.. you can buy more lottery tickets when you get your prediction right!

Seriously... why not just delete this thread before it starts to get ugly
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
OK, not to be a pest about this, but I do have a few questions that will follow a statement here.

The statement: I don't own either of these effects and have no interest in purchasing them, so I have no monetary interest here, strictly being inquisitive.

Here are the questions: Does this effect belong to anyone? If so, who? If not, then why shouldn't Pro-Magic (who I do not know and have never bought anything from) be able to sell it?
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It's a Dick Zimmerman creation & only Malloy Modern Magic ( http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/master_prediction.htm) & Wellington Enterprises (
http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/predict.html )have the rights to sell them! (Bill Smith used to make them as well years ago...)
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I am sure that this prop was used in Next Uri Geller show 2-3 times and it is not the same as Dick Zimmermann`s version. Table top is only 1 cm thick. Capsule is always in vertical position and that gives away loading method used in Pro-Magic version.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
The cheap version is being distributed by Mak Magic. Someone actually gave me one as a gift, not knowing it was a knock-off. I've taken a look at it and it's nowhere near as well built as the Malloy version. When you combine this with the fact that ownership of the concept belongs to someone else, it's easy to conclude that this is not something I would ever present in my show. I don't want to be known for cheap props and illegal knock-offs.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
A rip-off.

And btw: I did hear from a seller here, that every box he selled (10 pieces) got broken after a real short time and he did get directly complains about it and had to refund them.

So not only an idiotic stolen rip-off - but also a bad not working prop (like so often with all stolen props).
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Paul W.

Here is some real world advice that I learned the hard way. Many, many years ago when I first got into performing illusions I did not have a mentor, nor was a familiar with the "Café" or other online forums. (nor should I have been performing illusions) At that time I was the guy that most members of this forum can't stand. I'm pretty embarrassed about it, but the past is the past and I have since corrected the grave error and I don't mind talking about it as it can serve as a learning tool for others. I saw John Shryock perform the "origami" on a Worlds Greatest Magic special and it instantly became my favorite illusion. Much to my surprise, I couldn't believe that there was an Origami being sold on ebay for 800 bucks. I jumped at the chance to own it. When it arrived I was mortified. It looked nothing like the one I saw on T.V. and it was not deceptive unless I was against an all black backdrop and the audience was at least 30 feet away. On top of that only two of the three swords would fit when my assistant was in it...and I had a tiny assistant. It wasn't until later, when I actually started to learn more about this craft and was becoming pretty good at it when I found out about knock off illusions, and the ethics of magic. I have since bought a legit origami made by wellington and the difference between the two is undescribable. It is like comparing a painting from Van Gough to artwork done by my 5 year old son. It is far better to pony up the cash for a legit prop, than to pay a cheaper price for a piece of junk. Even though the rip off magic company will describe it as the same as the "more expensive" model, the effect is not nearly the same. Take it from the guy who's been there, done that, and wasted a lot of money. Go for the legitimate prop, it will last longer, look better, and it's just the right thing to do.

Scott
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hey Scott

The moral of the story is " never trust ebay"
I'm joking Smile

Anyways thank you for the advice.... I am going to try and save up for this product and hopefully one day.... ill be the next criss angel Smile
M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus

Eeww!!
The one I build was even better then this! Costed me more to build, but FAR better than that! Actually, to be honest it looks very similar to the Master Prediction.

I would never trust someone who I do not know or never heard of. Especially things that seem too good to be true. That is a really cheap cost. Meaning the materials are cheap, and labor = junk.

secondly, Eew. Criss Angel.
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Ultimate Prediction Box vs. Master Prediction System (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL